1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shubble72, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Im looking for some opinions on good shooting glasses. Which are good and which ones are a waste of money? What color do you use for night shooting with trees in background?
    Thanks
    Scott

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

My Opinion- I like Decot glasses. There are others that are just as good but I have used Decot for many years and see (no pun) reason to change.

For night shooting against trees, clear lens are probably best. In bright light, I like target bronze.

At one time, I carried about 8 different colors of lens for my glasses. My friend, Daro H. convinced me that I should stop spending so much time thinking about the best color of glasses and more time thinking about breaking targets. He advised me to just carry one color for one year and see what happens. I did and now only take one color with me. I use shooting glasses when I drive and use the same color that I use for shooting. When I put on my shooting or driving glasses, they feel and look natural for me.

Pat Ireland

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I agree with Pat. I have a pair of Decot with clear lenses and a pair of Post 4 with pale yellow lenses for cloudy days. Both are quality glasses and have prescription lenses. I see too many shooters bringing out a half dozen different colors; trying to find the "magic color" of the day. It just causes confusion and second guessing. (Something a shooter doesn't need) Ed

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you call Allan Lehman he will advise you on color, depending on where you live.

I use 3 colors. Light gold(yellow) at night and on overcast days, Target sun(smoke and red mix) most of daytimes, and Med orange when I get away from Green areas like Wisconsin. If you shoot a lot of green targets (like Casa Grande) you might need another color.

I don't believe in changing colors constanly either, but the fact is overcast and night shooting is different from bright sun so I think that change is good.

Allan's mumber is 1-800-255-0205.

HM

5. gusto777

gusto777 Member

I use Lehmans Optical. Decot Frames with 3 different lens colors. Light orange, light green and bronze.

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Randolf frames fit me the best, so I now use them. For colors I use Lehman Optical polarized bronze when the sun is in front of me or beside me. I use Post4 polarized Orange Ice when the sun is above or behind, the background is dark, and the clay has a black ring. I substitute a Randolph custom deep purple tinted (40% trans) polarized lens for the Orange Ice if the background is light and/or the target is all orange. For night shooting or when it is pretty dark I use a Post4 Light Target Orange (the lightest tint they have). All lenses are prescription, made of CR-39 plastic and coated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.