1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by FNG, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FNG

FNG Member

Years ago when I renewed my drivers license I couldn't pass the eye test without glasses. On my most recent visit to the eye doctor he said my prescription was so weak that I could probably pass the eye test without glasses. I just renewed my license and passed easily without glasses. I'm 68 years old. All these years I've been shootinng with Decot prescription shooting glasses. I need some recommendations for high quality non prescription shooting glasses that could also serve as sunglasses while driving, etc, now that I no longer need to drive with my prescription glasses with clip-on sun lenses.

Thanks

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Just buy plano lenses for your Decots.

3. shaggist

shaggist Member

Look into the NYX Sport Vision System. Just Google NYX glasses. I use mine for sunglasses, change the lense, shooting glasse. They are great shooting glasses with a wide range of lenses available, and won't break your bank.

4. 1100 REMINGTON MAN

1100 REMINGTON MAN Active Member

I like my Post 4

5. bossbasl

bossbasl Well-Known Member

Post 4, plano or rx; tint for various target conditions or tint for bright conditions for general use. Best frames, lenses, service.

6. RAU

RAU Member

+1 for the NYX. I use the PRO Z17 frame and just change the lenses out. These are very lite weight and have a good wrap around style. I like the taller bows to help reduce side glare. Not needed when shooting with blinders. But a very nice addition when used for sunglasses.

Rick

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Just be aware that certain tints and levels of light transmission are not considered safe for driving... FYI

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.