1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Schoolcop, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

Can somebody guide me in the right direction for glasses. I'm looking at Randolph and Decot but I would like to find the best deal on one with multiple lenses. Thanks Randy

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Both are great shooting glasses. I have the Randolph Rangers and like them a lot. I don't think you can go wrong with either. They both have their fans. Most important is a good dealer to help you select the right lenses. I have had great luck with Morgan Optical and L&M Lenses. L&M made me some custom lenses that I love. My 2 cents for what it's worth.

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I tend to disagree. My first pair of shooting glasses were post 4. I purchased them because I am an Idaho boy so I thought buying in state would be good. They do not have the adjustable nose piece so I sold them and got Rangers and I love them. I would either go with Rangers or Decot but the post 4 would be last on the list.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There are many good brands, but the purveyor is as important as the product. For more than a dozen years I have been working with Wayne Morgan and Morgan Optical. Satisfaction after the sale.

I have had dozens of my members acquire Rangers, XLs, XLWs, Edges in any number of plano and rx combos... stock and custom colors...

Wayne is competitively priced and service unsurpassed... unequivocal recommendation...

Morgan Optical Sport Glasses;
    Olean, NY

www.morganoptical.net

(716) 379-8773

Jay Spitz

5. Dukefan

Dukefan K-80 Trap Special TS Supporters

I am also looking to purchase shooting glasses. I currently wear progressive bifocals in my everyday glasses (not overly fond of them). I am thinking of a single vision distance lens for my shooting glasses. Any suggestions which prescription lens work best? bifocal? single vision? progressive bifocal?
    I am new to trap shooting and appreciate the info.

6. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

I have Ranger Edge frames and prescription lenses with bifocals made by my local optician.

If you want to read or see close, you need the bifocals.

The bifocals do not interfere with shooting as you are looking well over the bifocal part.

Adios, Dirk

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Single vision distance lens is the way to go. Having them place the optical center of the lens 3MM above the center of the lens is usually a good idea. HMB

8. trapman69

trapman69 Member

This is like asking which truck is better ford/Chevy/ or DODGE. Any pair out there are better than your plain clear prescription glasses. I bought mine from Morgan optical at Sparta very nice people good price and selection. My 2cents oh and it's DODGE Ram good shooting

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Ranger for me,Sporter frames, you can then purchase seperate color clipons. Then when time for new RX you need only to purchase one set lens. I have the biFocal and like them. Bought first pair from Morgan, great folks, new lens now from local guy. He also raises the OC a couple mm. Wife started wearing RX and went with Sporters also. Check them out, may be the ticket for you. Jake

10. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

ANOTHER VOTE FOR WAYNE MORGAN--THE BEST..SMOKIT

11. mike cross

mike cross TS Member

I found the glasses available from Connecticut Shotgun manufacturing
    (Tony Galazan) with 12 pairs of lenses in various tints for $115 to be a tremendous value. Though 70 years young, I luckily get by without corrected vision. Corrected vision is probably another issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

decot shooting glasses in idaho