1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting glasses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paramedic, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paramedic

paramedic TS Member

Recently have gone to prescription glasses. Need suggestions for type in Northern Ky area. Thanks Darrell

2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Decot Hy-Wyd, nothing better

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Contacts and Decots ... I have worn contacts for over 35 years and because they are on the eye itself you get a better correction of your vision ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

Try Knobloch K5. Great product. Have had mine for 3 years and can not imagine shooting with other prescription frames.

5. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I got a set of Post 4 Titaniums with two sets of lenses from Extreme Eyewear and i couldn't be happier. Ran me about $250. best investment i ever made.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

If you can comfortably wear contacts to correct your vision, then a set of plano shooting glasses could be a great value... otherise your options would be limited to having expensive Rx lenses tinted and cut to fit one of the major frame companies like Randolph, Decot, Post4, etc... OR using a lens system which incorporates a fixed clear Rx lens insert arrangement then using a cost effective tinted plano lens to clip-on in front of the clear Rx lens...

Personal preference, Randolph Engineering, and Morgan Optical, Olean NY.

Jay

7. drejw2

drejw2 Member

RE has special inserts for Rx that attaches behind the XLW lenses. You can change the RX and the lenses as pleased.

8. shaggist

shaggist Member

NYX Sport Vision System is another choice that has the option of an add-on prescription lense behind the tinted lense. The add-on is held in place by the nose clip inserted into the lense that you choose for the lighting conditions that day. There are a wide variety of tints available to optimize your choice for the best view of the bird, taking into account brightness, background, contrast, and your eyesight. They are very competitive pricewise with the better known Decot and Randolph Engineering glasses. Something additional to check out and compare.

9. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

Clear RX lenses and different color clips...that is what the Knobloch glasses are.

They also have a nosepiece that is adjustable and can be put up high so when you have your head down, you are looking through the middle of the RX lens which is where you want to be.

I will shoot a picture of my set and you will see...not common in the US but they are awesome!

10. rmctaggart

rmctaggart TS Member

i got a post 4 set of glasses from steve maltzahn at clear target optics they have a transition lense that will change with light conditions i did not want to always be picking the color of the day and i always was shooting my gold lense most of the time the autumn gold transition lenses i got from steve are great i like them and he is a trap shooter and great guy who will go out of his way to make sure you know what your getting and are happy with them you can reach him at maltzahn@iowatelecom.net e-mail him with any ? you will not be sorry. bob mctaggart

11. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I have heard alot of great things about Steve too. I think I might invest in the autum gold transition lenses too.

12. erock_germany

erock_germany Member

There are awesome....Knobloch

Glasses2.jpg

Glasses1.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gafas knobloch

knobloch k5

knobloch k5 forum
knobloch shooting glasses prescription