Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

shooting glasses

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  halfmile 
#1 ·
I am relatively new to serious skeet, trap and sporting clays and am ready to buy my first pair of "real" shooting glasses. I currently have prescription safety glass bi-focals that I have been using. I can't wear contacts.

So I need to find a pair of good rx shooting glasses. For now I am limited to only one set of lenses. My primary question is what color to get. Most of my shooting in SW lower Mich. has trees and grass for background. I would like to know what you all suggest for color/type if you could get only one lense for now.

Thanks, BD

#2 ·
See if you can get a pair of snap-on tinted lenses that fit your glasses. That would be cheaper and allow you to buy multiple colored lenses to use for different conditions. As for what would be the best single color for all conditions, you would have to use various tints to see which would be best for your eyes. My eyes are sensitive to light with RX lenses, so I have to use Dark Purple lenses in bright sunlight, but always liked Vermillion, prior to needing Rx lenses for the tint used with a green backgroung such as you describe. Jon

#5 ·
Randolph Engineering markets the "Sporter" and "XLW". The Sporter uses a clear Rx lens fixed into the frame with clip in plano lenses. The XLW uses an accessory Rx insert attached to the adjustable bridge with plano lenses clipped into the main frame.

As Woodie recommended, I use Wayne Morgan exclusively for both my plano and Rx needs... work with Wayne, with confidence!

Jay Spitz

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.