1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting glasses that won't cost $270 (Ranger XLW)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

My old sunglasses are getting pretty used so I wanted to buy a new pair under two conditions. 1) I have a really wide face so I need a frame like the Ranger XLW to fit well and 2) I don't want to spend close to $300 on a high-end pair with multiple lenses.

Honestly, I am not even that picky to need/want multiple lenses. One pair with a medium orange or purple lens will be fine for me. (BTW, which one is better for normal background of green trees in the summer and then brown conditions in the fall/winter?).

So any ideas on other brands that are in the $100-$150 range? I don't want the low-end $30 ones, just something in the middle.

Thanks

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Ranger XL, Post 4 Optics and Decot International are all within your price range and size. JM

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Ranger XL $190<BR>
    Post 4 - No dealers even close. Are these available online?<BR>
    Decot - All have wrap ears.<BR>

What about the other brands that aren't shooting specific? Do companies like Oakley have lenses that would work well for Trap?

PS - Want a "Bayonet" ears, don't like the wrap around kind.

4. jhoward

jhoward Member

I have a pair of Beretta glasses, linked above, and really like them.

5. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

There is a thread here by a Post 4 dealer who sells them for $110.00 including shipping. Search for "Post 4 Holiday Sale". JM

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I see the Decot ones are $117 right now from JimBobOutfitters. Any opinions on the quialiy? Which model to get? And which lens? They have too many lens choices!

7. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

The Revel model looks nice, but again with the million lens choices.

8. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

Connecticut Shotgun has them on sale $99 with 13 pairs of lenses. click above

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just ordered a set from Galazan. Been wanting to check them out for a couple years, but never could get a review from anyone that had them, and finally decided to take the leap since they're on sale, and have free shipping. Will post a review when I receive them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.