1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Glasses Recommendation Needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by UpNorthMN, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

I currently have the Decot Revel glasses, but would like to change to a different frame that offers more glass area above the eye.

What other brands should I consider? Those of you that have tried Decot Hy Wyd and other brands, which ones do you prefer?

David

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Second on the Pillas.

3. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Since you already have Decot, they have your prescription on file, and a phone call will have your new glasses in hand in less than a week. I have HY WYD and like them very much. The frames are tough and lens changes easy. Mine are going on 5yrs now.

best...mike

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I believe the problem stems from two aspects, in my opinion... (1) the nose bridge is not adjustable for height and (2) the lens style is lower profile.

(1) I found that the Randolph Ranger Classic/XL had a very large lens that completely covered the orbit of the eye and (2) the XL had a 3-position adjustable nose bridge for height which allowed the user to actually raise the glasses higher on your face...

Now... the XL has been discontinued, but the frame may still available or you could consider the Randolph Edge which incorporates the standard Ranger styling, adjustable nose bridge and new "Edge" lens design which allows for improved ventilation, but does not limit coverage at the brow...

My $0.02, plus... speak with Wayne Morgan @ Morgan Optical Sports Glasses...

Good luck on finding what works best for you,

Jay

5. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

I just got a pair of the Pilla's. I have only shot with them tice so far and do really like them. I got the Panthers, but like the other post above say, they are expensive. I like the no post to catch my pheriphial vision.

Jim B.

6. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

My son has a pair of hidefspecs which are now pillas. He loves them. I just purchased a pair of post4optics. So far I really like them. I got the 3 lense set for 210.00. The pillas are like 539.00.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.