1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Glasses--Opinions Please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jakearoo, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Same ol' question. Same ol' answer. Decot. Time tested. Proved. The best. Jake

2. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

I haven't tried them all, but Decot's sure are nice.

3. gotbass

gotbass Member

Here is a vote for Post 4.

4. Dragonbob

Dragonbob TS Member

Im very happy with my randolphs after four years. And in bright sun, I love the CMT lenses, w/ dark purple my 2nd choice. Pale purple for over cast days, and the really pale yellow for night. Bob

5. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I suggest you try all the frames on, then pick the one most comfortable. You can get almost any color in any of the frames. Another thing to look for is optical clarity. Post4 uses CR39 plastic which is better optically. Randolph uses a medium grade of Polycarbonate for their stock lenses.

As I recommend above, buy the frames that fit you comfortably. If you don't like the quality of the lenses or colors from that manufacturer, buy lenses for that frame from another, or get custom materials and colors. Post4 lenses fit nicely in Randolph XL frames, for instance.

6. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Randolph Ranger XLW - You can't go wrong.

hubcap

7. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I have Decot's and I'm happy with them.

John C. Saubak

8. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

9. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Gary,

Post 4 are excellent. I would email Tom Hoppe at Thomasahoppe@netzero.com to discuss the different brands of shooting glasses. Tom is an excellent salesman and very knowledgeable in the different glasses. Tom is a registered ATA shooter. Good Luck

Rick

10. leadvail

leadvail Member

Decot.Vermillion.

11. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Here is a new product from Bob allen.

http://www.cleartargetoptics.com/

12. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Stick with Polycarb lenses - vastly superior to CR39 plastic as far as impact resistance is concerned - nearly as good optically - but we're talking plano lenses anyway.

Jay

13. steevo

steevo TS Member

I am thinking about new glasses also. But, I have a problem with all the plastic lenses out there. They always scratch on me, and I end up throwing them out. Is there a manufacturer that uses a tough plastic that doesn't scratch as easy, or can I go with glass? Thanks, Steve

14. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Shooting lenses should be Poly for safty reasons. A scratch resistant spray can be applied, but I recommend you have the lenses ZiessAR coated. There are 2 levels of wash and gas treatment available for the AR. Both levels of coating increases hardness and ease of cleaning. For me this coating adds to clarity even with the poly's lower Abby clarity rating, the AR treatment gives the poly a glass look plus, the no reflections.

Not an inexpensive option. I'm charging $55.00 to AR a set of lenses. Also finding that we like the lens blank color impregnated in the blank before manufacturing, as compared to dipping the color before or after the AR coating process. We did test AR coat a non-prescription lens set that was original manufacture color dipped. It came out ok. More tests to come.

maltzie http://www.cleartargetoptics.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.