1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting glasses lenses?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SouthMetro Shooter, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthMetro Shooter

SouthMetro Shooter TS Member

Hey guys, I am buying a pair of rx shooting lenses on Monday or Tuesday. I can only afford 1 set of lenses right now, what color would you suggest for one set of lenses for general use. Mostly trap and skeet shooting. I am ordering them from rxshootingglasses.com Their colors are vermillion (reddish), sharp site (greenish), yellow, grey and international target orange. Thank you in advance for your help and comments.

2. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Hi SMS: I just happened to be shopping for clip on lenses on Friday after starting to shoot league this week. They had some that you do not see any clips etc but no colors. They're supposed to call and see what colors I requested are available. I want to see a sample or color chart to help me make a decision. At around $500 I don't feel like getting prescriptin glasses in colors.

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

Target orange would be my choice if I only had one color lense. Tom

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

If you are limited to one set, I would choose a shade that is just dark enough that you don't squint in bright sunlight but not so dark that they are a handicap on a dull day. Personally because of light sensitive eyes I need 2 pair, Vermillion for sunny days and Lite Target Orange almost a Clear for cloudy days. I have no use for green or yellow but that is just me. I would take a good look at the Autumn Gold that Steve Maltzahn has. These might just be ideal.

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Well what is the most common target color you shoot at and what will be the most common background they will contrast against?!

Jay

6. reed92

reed92 TS Member

Personally, I would get the vermillion lenses. I have similar lenses that work in 75% of the conditions I shoot in. The exceptions being dusk and EXTREMELY bright sun.

7. SouthMetro Shooter

Standard orange dome and wooded/ sky.

8. SouthMetro Shooter

and the green is floerescent

9. SouthMetro Shooter

and the green is floerescent

10. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

clear works for me.

11. Doughboy

Doughboy Member

Talk to Morgan Optical or find Steve Maltzann and order a pair of Autumn gold transition. I got mine from Morgan Optical but others on this site have had luck with Steve. Best investment I ever made. Also cost depends on if you get single vision or need bifocals/trifocals.

12. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

yellow seem to be the ones I use most.

13. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

Are you looking at the Ranger Sporter Rx at rxshootingglasses.com? If not, you should. Get the clears for the main lenses and then you can add the other colors as you see fit.

Clear lenses will cover heavy overcast and shooting under lights. Add a light target orange or light purple for most other conditions.

When your prescription changes, there will be only one set of new lenses to buy.

The Sporter clip-ons are available in the Ranger colors below. Or call Mike at L+M Lenses and he can get Sporter clipons in any of the colors in the link to their website listed above.

[​IMG]

14. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Here is the info on X-cell Autumn Gold: http://www.x-celoptical.com/AutumnGold.php

Very popular transitional lens in Trivex for clarity and safty.

PM me if interested in this product or if you want to choose a more traditional shooting color.

Maltz
    Steve Maltzahn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
shooting glass lens color
shooting glasses lens colors
shooting glasses lens colors benefits
shooting glasses lense colors

shooting glasses vermillion

shooting lens color chart
show shooting glasses colors