1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Glasses Lense Colors

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ScottEslick, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottEslick

ScottEslick Member

I am in the market for shooting glasses and there are so many lense colors to choose from.

What does everyone use?

Thanks, Scott

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Vermillion for most everything except night shooting.

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

purple lense for sunny days, cloudy days i use target orange, night shooting i use a clear lense. i have post 4 glasses.
    steve balistreri

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Scott,

Hi! I am a Decot Hy-Wyd Authorized Dealer. I vend at many shoots across the country, and get to deal with alot of people and their eyes. The best color for someone else, might not be the best for you. I would strongly recommend going to the local gun club and looking thru other shooters lenses. Look at how they highlight the target and dampen the background. Make the pick from there. If you are at a trapshoot, find a optics dealer, and try on several lenses. Me, personally, I wear V-Lite 2 for sunny day shooting, Light-Medium Target Orange for cloudy day, Gold 10 for low light and nite, and Bronze 2 for driving and wearing around. If I can be any assistance to you, please contact me.

Matt Woodson - Woodson Enterprises

Phone: 270.804.5454

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Decot Lenses:

V-Lite Rose for low light, clouds, etc.

Medium Target Purple for bright conditions.

Curt

6. racer

racer TS Member

Take Mr. Woodson's advice. When I first bought shooting glasses, I sat in a lawn chair behind a field and watched targets through a display full of lenses. I was surprised at the subtle differences between colors. Dan

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'll 3rd Woodie and Racers recommendations... borrow a fellow shooters set and take a peek or two or three...

The colors you choose should enhance the target color(s) your clubs throw and minimize the backgrounds you expect to shoot against for YOUR eyes and their sensitivity to color and light.

Pick the product that will best support YOUR shooting and choose a vendor convenient to support and service YOU.

regards all,

jay

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Dan/racer,

Thanks for your observation. It is still amazing to me how the eyes work. I was recently at a shoot, and had 9 pairs of lenses displayed on my table. A gentleman walked up and asked me "what lenses do you prefer"? I stated, "sir, what is best for me, might not be the best for you." he said, "Well, please tell me what do you like?" The sun was glaring and very bright. I told him that in this situation, that I liked the V-Lite 2 shade, but it might not be the best for him. I also told him to try on every shade that was there plus the 10 different I might have. He tried on the V-Lite 2. He then looked at me and said, "when you wear these, what color is the target"? I replied, very orange. He laughed and said, "to me, this color turns the target white"! He tried on a few other pairs then walked away. He didn't buy anything from me that day, but he made me some money, and I also learned that just like people, everyone is different. There is no best choice! I quickly learned that what I see and think is the best, the next person might not see or think the same thing. I do sell glasses and lenses, but I want my customers to be happy. If you are looking for new frames or lenses, please try before you buy. If you need any help with Decot products, or have any questions, please contact me. I will answer any question you may have.

Matt Woodson

9. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Color-Mag (CMT) RE Ranger lenses

10. chipking

chipking TS Member

Matt gave you great advice. Every bodies eyes respond to colors just a little differently so what works for me may or may not work for you. If you can get to a fairly large shoot and look through the vendors lenses or your fellow shooters lenses to help decide it would probably mean more than what we advise. The link I posted is to Decot lenses color tests it allows you to select the view through their different lenses. Not as good as in person but still a big help.

--- Chip King ---

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have Decot International frames (2) and 12 pairs of lenses in a variety of colors, I use them all at one time or another ... I got less invested in them than they want for HiDefSpecs with 2 pairs of lenses, whats that tell you ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best color lenses for shooting white targets at night

whay clored lense should a person wear when shhoting trap