1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting glasses lens color

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cynergystan, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Although I have only been using shooting glasses for about 10 months, I have found that whereas the "background" should be taken into account, of equal importance is the color of the targets. At the range where I do most of my shooting, the trap targets are green. A blue lens really makes the targets stand out. When shooting orange birds, vermillion or a pale orange seems to work very well. I know quite a few shooters who use nothing but yellow or yellow-orange lenses and they swear by them.It is all a matter of how you see and perceive and react to color. Good shooting!

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I currently use vermillion but I am considering changing. I am having trouble on cloudy days picking up orange targets. Any suggestions.

JON

3. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I have several shades. But I believe Decot's Bronze will satisfy most backgrounds and targets. But I will also say not all of us see the same and color combo's will change from place to place. Advise, try several colors before you purchase. - Jim

4. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

I use decots darkbroze for almose every thing except at night they work the best on bright days an they are polarized so the work like actual sunlasses they work good on gree targets also

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Being color blind to red and or green will make a difference. Testing is the only way to be sure you are getting the best color. You will know when you find it, as the target will be bright and appear to glow. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.