1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting glasses help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rmctaggart, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmctaggart

rmctaggart TS Member

i am looking to get my first pair of rx shooting glasses. i have read on this site about inserts for glasses so your not spending money on new glasses every 2 or 3 years can you guys tell me what the insert is if it is attached to your lense or what if you like them or dont like them it would seem to be a graet money saver but maybe not all of you like that insert or dont see as well through 2 lenses. thanks in advance rjm

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

check on the Randolph and Pilla sites...

3. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

I use Pilla Panther Posts and really like them.

4. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Call Mike at post 4. He took my prescription over the phone, I had the
    glasses in three days. Great to deal with.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The best deal if you need prescription lenses, is the following in my opinion is: get a pair of Ranger sporter in clear base lenses in your scripts & then get colored clip ons. This way you only need to cahnge your base lenses when your script changes.

Phil Berkowitz

6. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Just got my first pair or ranger's from Morgan Optical day before yesterday. Wayne will answer any questions you may have as a first timer. Great service also.

They have a toll free number also 1-800-594-0175

There website URL is above and I have no vested interest or relation to their site or product. Just a happy customer

Bob

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Just Decot lens will cost you $110 plus shipping for single RX, Hy-wides. What do others charge for same?

8. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

I paid $90 for lenses with prescription and a small bi-focal.
    Post 4's

9. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

I have the Rangers with clip-on colored lenses. Love them.
    My Rx is fairly strong, +5 and +5.25. Had then ground with
    progressive. Then took my gun in and she measured the optical
    center and had them ground. Worked out perfect.
    So from now on, all I need to do is get a new Rx. Colors stay the same.
    Got mine from Tom at Texas Optical.

Mike Cunningham
    Groveland, CA

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I shoot with contacts and use plano sets... so what I say is an observer on behalf of my members...

A number of my guys/gals use the Ranger Sporter that employs a set of clear Rx lenses with clip-on plano colored lenses and they like them...

Then a couple guys use the Ranger XLW with the insert that attaches to the nose bridge with clip-on plano lenses to the regular frame and those who like the "wrap" style like those...

I have dealt with Wayne and Harold Morgan @ Morgan Optical for 10+ years for myself and on behalf of my guys and gals... no one is more professional or works harder to make sure you're happy...

best regards,

Jay Spitz - Naperville IL

11. mike2010

mike2010 TS Member

Ranger XLW glasses and Morgan Optical,Great glasses and the best service anywhere

12. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Another vote for Ranger RX Sporters. The nosepiece that adjusts up and down is a nice feature. You could wear them for everyday as well as shooting.
    [​IMG]

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have always wondered if looking through 2 lens instead of one causes any deflection of light or any other negative factors? I have a pair of NYX and it's a pain taking them apart to clean 2 lens before I shoot. Also, everytime you change lens, you get finger prints on the lense.

14. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My concern had always been the weight... two pair of lenses, two frames (essentially)...

When I started shooting, I used inexpensive clear safety glasses with my contacts. It was then recommended to use Rx lenses (and to get them colored) for shooting instead of contacts, so I had my optical guy take my unused pair of Porsche sunglass frames that used changeable lenses and had Rx made for them... big, metal and heavy... used them for a while, but they'd put dents into my nose after each day, but I used them for a couple years... until I need my first replacement Rx...

At that point, but before the Sporter came out I chose to switch back to wearing contacts using Randolph Rangers... found out about Harold and Wayne Morgan... but everyone can't wear contacts...

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

shooting glasses to help see trap