1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting glasses for Trap

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by davidjayuden, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

0   0   0

At the risk of sounding insensative, please explain to the world why it is anyone elses' responsibility to provide your equipment so that you can go to the grand? I could, as could nearly every shooter on TSC, list a host of maladies that are putting a strain on their shooting budgets, but...
    david uden
    Omaha

2. 7771

7771 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

I am 14 myself and if you have a cabelas close they have shooting glasses that are 30 bucks and it has, Five sets of interchangeable lenses including Clear, Ice Blue, Orange, Yellow and Sunblock Bronze my friend shot with them for a few years they work! i hope this helps you out! the link is above for you to see the info.
    Best of luck, Tommy

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

If you do not have the need for a vast range of colors, there are some good alternatives.

I buy polarized Berkely fishing glasses at Wally World for 5 bucks.

there are some safety glasses with tints there, too that are cheap.

Look at Dick's, too, and sportsmen's Warehouse.

These are all pretty much disposable items, we have a whole box of clear ones at the club we loan out to shooters without eyewear.

Now, if you have to have a higher quality pair for some reason maybe someone has an old pair of Decots or Rangers to donate.

I still use mine.

HM

4. davidjayuden

0   0   0

Trap200:
    First of all let me apologize for being one of a Ton of Cranky Guys. However let me point out than none of your situational details were specified in your original message, only that you spent your money on a gun and wished for the donation of changable lens glasses. And let me be the first to congratulate you on your perfect spelling and punctuation. You are one of the very few 15 year olds who actually can spell and use proper punctuation. LOL, etc. Good Luck at the Grand. Sorry that I can't help on the glasses, but I'm still using safety glasses from Harbor Freight. Signed David Uden, Omaha, AKA The Cranky Guy.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Ya know, Beretta makes some real descent shooting glasses that retail for $15.00. They come in different tints and are complete with soft case.

ss

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

davidjayuden

"However let me point out than none of your situational details were specified in your original message, only that you spent your money on a gun and wished for the donation of changable lens glasses."

I don't wish to be argumentative here but what part of "I will be shooting in Sparta for the SCTP nationals" there are not a lot of adults that shoot SCTP and even fewer Grandpas.

Bob Lawless

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Trap200: I have a pair of Remington shooting glasses that I haven't used in a long time. Their yellow good for night shooting but I know shooters who use yellow all the time. I know you prefer interchangable but having a back-up set is also good. I'll donate them and pay the shipping to you. The only catch is I have to find them. PM or email me your address and I'll ship them out. Friday or Monday. Shoot straight. Dave T.

8. steve coker

steve coker Member

0   0   0

I have a older pair of Decot's with some extra lense that I would gladly donate to a up and coming trapshooter. I don't use them at all, and they have been collecting dust for years. Email me with your address info. and I will get them out to you. Good luck

SC

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

I'm a sucker for a good cause too... send me a PM and if Dave can't help you out, I'll try... send me a PM...

Jay Spitz

10. neofight

neofight TS Member

0   0   0

THIS is what it's all about. Good on you guys, cranky or not and good luck to what sounds like a cool 15 year old with a great attitude.

11. davidjayuden

0   0   0

"It got the conversation started didn't it? LOL "

That it did Andrew.

Signed, with egg on my face:
    dju

12. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Trap200: I found the Remington glasses and its case. Send me your address and I'll mail them out to you. Even if you find something better, pass them along to one of your friends that may need a pair. One good deed deserves another.
    Dave T.

13. TC

TC TS Member

0   0   0

Trap, Good luck at Sparta, wishing you the best! Tony

14. steve coker

steve coker Member

0   0   0

Andrew, I am sendng the Decot glasses to you today, probably UPS.

Steve Coker

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

"Don't be afraid to climb those golden stairs."

Ralph Hauck, (sp?) baseball manager, as quoted in "Ball Four"...

Good on the kid...putting together his shooting program on a shoestring; like a gung-ho racer with a coathanger for a welding rod and rice and beans for food on the road.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.