1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting glasses fogging

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Surfside6, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surfside6

Surfside6 TS Member

What do you do when your shooting glasses fog. I want to try something other than rain x. Does anyone know of a product other than Rain-x. thanks, Tom

2. ismah

ismah Member

Properly fitted shooting glasses do not fog. If you're using your everday glasses try trimming back your eyebrows. If that doesn't work and you need prescription glasses go on the internet and access www.thirtyninedollarglasses.com. They have some models that sit off your cheeks and will not fog up.

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I find that leather not plastic blinders help a lot for preventing fogging on a hot day.

4. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Caution (personal experience): Use Rain-X in close proximity to your eyes at your own risk. The stuff contains both an acid and a polyvinyl alcohol and will cause eyes to burn and really get your attention!

Suggestion: Try Dawn dish soap. Put a small drop on each lens and polish until it's gone. What remains after the water carrier evaporates will be able to absorb a small amount of moisture rather than allowing it to condense on the lenses.

Carol Lister

5. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

Take a dab of shaving cream rub until clear no streaking and no fogging to be found!!!

6. Fathawk

Fathawk TS Member

I use this stuff inside my helmet visor and it works like a charm.

7. r_chappy

r_chappy Member

optomerists have an anti fogging eye glass cleaner. I have use in dead of winter and they will not fog if you apply weekly.

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Allow enough air to circulate around the lens and you won't have fogging problems.

Eric

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

They used to be some stuff called "Sea Drops", I believe, that a lot of the recreational softball/baseball players would use. They all swore by the stuff.

I've never had a problem with my Decot Internationals fogging, so I've never needed anything.

ss

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Try a scuba shop and get some of their stuff that we use on our masks. Works great and comes in a convenient bottle.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Punch some holes in your blinders or take then off your glasses.

12. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Never had a problem with my decot HW`s, Hot summer days or cold winter shooting with blinders and baseball cap ML.

13. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Cat Crap is what I used this weekend at the NC HOF.

Did somebody delete my post?

Do a google search for it!

FRedmon

14. 682LINY

682LINY Member

product called SEE-CLEAR,,,,they had the industrial size at the NC State shoot,,,,we use it at work for all saftey glasses and welding masks,,,,and any one that says keepin off the face will stop it has never done any confined space welding,,,or shot at the NH State Shoot in 98 degerre weather,,,

15. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

<blockquote>,,,,and any one that says keepin off the face will stop it has never done any confined space welding,,,or shot at the NH State Shoot in 98 degerre weather,,,</blockquote>

Well, I know that includes me. My life experiences are so sadly lacking. Anybody else???

Lister

16. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi there,
    Yes, what an annoying problem. I've found that goggle-style glasses are crap. You need some that have nose pieces that can be pinched together to get the lenses as far from your face as possible. This will also make the lenses ride higher which is a good thing anyway, b/c when you get down on the stock, you'll be looking thru the middle part of the lens with no distortion. These are hard to find. I found some Remington glasses on ebay that have been a God-send. They came in a grey case with yellow, amber, and vermillion lenses. Good luck. -powderburn

17. Mojo

Mojo Member

Try Parkers Perfect anti-fog solution. You can get it at Cabelas.
    Nothing better.

18. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I sweat like a big dog out on the trap line in our blistering NV desert and when chasing quail in the early season, Decot HyWydes are the only thing that works for me. Lenses away from the face plus plenty of ventilation.

I don't use side shields for this reason but recently a friend came up with a great modification to an ordinary ball cap that provides blinders with good ventilation. Just cut the bill off an old hat then half it and glue the resulting tabs to the edges of the bill on your shooting hat such that they hang down on the sides of the eyes.

19. hschwartz

hschwartz TS Member

I WENT TO A MOTORCYCLE SHOP AND BOUGHT SOME OF THEIR NONFOGGING SPRAY SOLUTION FOR GOGGLES AND HELMETS> IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM>

20. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

How about laying a big hocker on each lens, but then again, I'm a "spitter".

regards all,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.