1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Glasses Decot Ranger ?? Where Who??

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by SuperMotard, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMotard

SuperMotard Member

0   0   0

I'm in the Market for a quality pair of shooting glasses and have a few questions. I've been looking around and trying all different kinds, types and styles on at a few of our local clubs but now need to take the next step. Out of all the different styles i've tried out i really like the Decot Hy-WYD (sp?). I've talked to a few different shooters that mentioned they've had theirs fit to them by an optical place. i do not have any vision problems at this point. What i'm looking for is do i really need to have these fit? What are the advantages and what does it exactly mean/how is it done? I'm located in SouthWest Michigan and haven't found any local places that deal with shooting glasses. Is there a site sponser that deals with shooting glasses that i could support? and last but not least, aside from fit and feel of the frames, is they're any real advantage to one brand or another?

Thanks for your Time.
    regards, Trevor B.

2. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

0   0   0

Morgan Optical does a great job with the Decots or Rangers. Harold is a shooter & knows how to make these things fit. The only problem for you is they are up near Rochester, NY. I have both kinds from them & I personally prefer the Decots. Just a personal preference, not to say 1 is better than the other. Here is the linnk:

http://www.morganoptical.net/pageDisplay.jsp?pageid=7626

3. neofight

neofight TS Member

0   0   0

You might want to call Texas Shooters Optical 713-9274790. These guys are great. Mine were a Rx pair and came out right as rain. Fast service and delivery on a good quality product.

4. dimapower

dimapower Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Joe Bob Outfitter's - got rx Decot's quickly and for a good price.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

0   0   0

SuperMotard if it is Decots your mind is set on try the web address above they have a phone number and other contact information on the site.

They should be able to answer any questions you might have.

Bob Lawless

6. SuperMotard

SuperMotard Member

0   0   0

I appreciate all the help so far on this thread and in pm's. its given me a place to start. No, i'm not exactly set on Decot's its just the frame's that i've preferred out of the few i've tried. I really wish i could go locally to a store and try all of them on for myself but its just unrealistic at this point. I guess i should have added Post 4 also. So is there any preferred vendors? ones that support this site? Thanks again for all those that have helped

7. Rods Custom Stocks

Rods Custom Stocks Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

We sell Decot and Post4. If you need any help just call us or visit our website to see if we are coming to a shoot near you. We stand behind what we sell!

Thanks.........Rod 419-347-6403

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

I'm a BIG FAN of Wayne Morgan's from Morgan Optical, Olean NY. Call Wayne direct at (800) 594-0175 ... on behalf of my guys, I just ordered a couple sets of the 3-lens Ranger XLs.

Wayne and dad Harold, are well known optics experts and have a building at Sparta. Our Club uses them for both plano and Rx.

We use the Ranger systems (Std. XL and XLW, soon the Edge) - a dozen stock colors, plus clear and Wayne has some custom colors including a Hi-Contrast Brown Polarized he made for me - fantastic...

Service and Selection - Morgan Optical is tops!

Jay Spitz,
    Naperville IL

9. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

0   0   0

Post 4 glasses here. They've been A-Okay.

I think it would be worth your time to call Rod. Although I've never done business with him personally, he's helped many of our club members (Waynesboro Fish & Game, PA). BTW, he does first-class stock work for very reasonable rates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.