1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting glass rx

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by torqueman, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torqueman

torqueman Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I wear glasses is it better to wear contacts and non rx shooting glass or have a pair made to my rx? I have noticed that I miss birds do to my small
    frame clear rx glasses.
  2. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

May 3, 2008
    Get shooting glasses, with or without your Rx. They are for protection.
  3. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Sep 15, 2006
    $35.00 PLANO LENS $75.00 RX LENS.I use contacts and ranger xl frames.you can pick up used lens on e bay or here for 1/2 price if you keep checking.if you get a scratch on your rx lens your screwed.as far as one any better than the other, probably not.i do have 2 pr of rx lens i use if i cant or dont want to wear the contacts.
  4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Jan 29, 1998
    Prairie State
    Not knowing your personal situation, I do wear contacts with my script set for distance and use a "plano" Ranger XL lens system. Now that said, some of my members scripts required use of a clear Rx script in the Ranger Sporter with the "plano" clip-ons. Others have bought Rx colored lenses.

If I can make a good recommendation, contact Morgan Optical and speak with Wayne Morgan directly... Morgan is extremely knowledgeable, the leading distributor of Ranger products and stands behind everything he sells.

Wayne will answer your questions. If you let him do the work, you can expect to be set properly and fairly. I have personally used Wayne, dozens of my fellow members at my Club have used Wayne also without issue and I have no reservations referring you to him.

Wayne Morgan, Morgan Optical; Olean, NY

kind regards,

Jay Spitz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.