1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Glass RX Lenses

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 9point3, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Who would you guys recomend for me to send my frames to to get RX lenses? I want somebody who knows the shooting sports and what it takes to see the damn bird.

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I got mine at Morgan Optical & would certainly do so again.......great products & very helpful people.

3. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

I'll second Wayne at Morgan's.

If your prescription has any strength to it, ask him about the Tri-Vex lenses. They have better optical qualities than Lexan and are half the weight and thickness of regular CR-39 plastic.

Mike K

4. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

I assume he can fit his lense to my frame

5. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

The lenses are made large and circular and then cut down to fit the frame and position the optical center.

Why not just contact Wayne directly. You'll get better info from him than from us!

<center>email: wayne@morganoptical.net
    1-800-594-0175 (office)
    (716) 307-1576 (direct / voicemail)</center>

Mike K

6. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

You can't go wrong with Morgan Optical. I wanted to update the prescription recently in my Ranger RX Sporters. I contacted them by email, but didn't understand a couple of points in the reply. Wayne called me and took twenty minutes to make sure I understood the issues and got exactly what I needed.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Wayne is the guy. Period. I buy from him in NY, while I'm in Illinois. He has done lenses for many of my members...

CR39 plastic - regular lens material has relatively poor impact resistance, which is why polycarbonate has been dominant impact resistance material... however, polycarbonate does not have the optical quality or tintability of CR39 plastic.

With certain Rx prescriptions, consider TriVex for its optical quality. Both polycarb and TriVex materials have comparable impact resistance - TriVex will cost more than CR39 plastic. The choice is always yours.

Ask him anything... Wayne will set you up well and fairly...

best regards,

Jay Spitz, Naperville IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.