1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Glass Lens Repair?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by below 0, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Does anyone know of a paste that is used to take out small scratches on lens'? If I remember correctly, there was a product that with a small amount of this paste, you could polish lens' to their origional clearity. Thanks in advance...Odie

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I guess you could try the headlight lens kits. They come with everything needed to make them clear again. They are available at Wal Mart or Auto Zone etc.

They do make an eyeglass scratch remover kit but i know nothing about it.
    grntitan_2009_2503141.jpg

3. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Looks like the only solution is to purchase a new set. Dang...Prescription too...Odie

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My recommendation would be to contact an optical shop and ask if they could polish/buff out a scratch... contact the folks at Morgan Optical if you don't have a resource...

Jay

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I researched that fix and it isn't available. I also bought some of the magic crap you smear on and let dry, guaranteed, that crap don't work either!! AND, they wouldn't refund my money after I sent it back according to their money back guarantee!

Time for new lens guy!

Hap

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Again, contact an optical shop for an answer and let them tell you after they've had a chance to see the lens...

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.