1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting for Targets Only

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starshot2b, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Is the ability to shoot "targets only" an unwritten thing, or must it be stated somewhere in a shoot program? If you ask to shoot targets only, must it be approved by a Director or shoot management???

Specifically looking for it in the Grand program as well and can't find it.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Last week at my state shoot the cashier always asked if i wanted any options and I said just targets only of course I was elgible to win added money and trophies because i paid the total price of 25.00 per 100 but maybe you are asking if you can just shoot for a lesser amount of money and not be eligible to win the trophies and added money if so then I doubt if they would at a big shoot unless it was for a JR shooter.

Foghorn

3. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

At the Grand if you elect not to shoot penalty yardages (if you do not have sufficient targets as required) you can shoot you current handicap yardage. But you will be ineligible for trophies or added monies. Some states have similar rules. - Jim

4. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Yep, I'm asking about shooting for targets only, not necessarily for less money, but without the eligibility to win trophies.

I normally shoot for targets & trophies only anyway, but this time I'd like to shoot targets only...guess that isn't an "option."

Thanks though...

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Jim - please show me in the Grand program where it says this. I can't find it. Thanks.

6. laura!

laura! Member

page 12, rules & regs # 2. You have to have 1000 caps in the current year to shoot at your yardage or the minimum penalty is 25 yards. If you shoot caps for targets only it does not affect your singles or doubles elegibility. 16s and dbls is also 1000 in the current year or you get put in a higher class.

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Laura, I'm looking at Rule #2 in the Grand Program right now (online) - no mention of targets only; only penalty. Same for Rules #1 & 3 (singles and doubles).

Are we looking at the same program? LoL

Thanks though.

8. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

In 2004 my Brother, Steve, shot with me at the Grand from the 20 yard line. This was targets only. Bill Malcolm

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

The term "targets only" has two different and commonly used meanings. When we cashier, the term targets only means no options. When we classify, targets only means that the person would not be eligible for money or trophies.

I have not read the entire Grand program but on page 12 #5 and #6 indicate that the only exceptions will be younger and mature shooters.

Pat Ireland

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that, Vijay.

Just so there's no misunderstanding, I suggest people re-read the fateful words "added money of any other prize." That means that target only shooters are not eligible for entry into the drawing-based shootoffs for guns and money and so on.

Neil

11. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Well it would never have occurred to me to look in the Rulebook for this. Thanks Vijay for pointing that out. I am curious as to why this isn't in the Rules & Reg's of the Grand Program though. Everything else is!

Mr. Winston, I always understood "targets only" to mean just that - thank you for clarifying it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.