1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting for Gold - The Kim Rhode Story

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RayReys, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayReys

RayReys Member

Saw this posted somewhere else - well put, well made, and great individual :)

and a little bit of Redlands shooting park thrown in there!

2. Diamond Bruce

Diamond Bruce Member

Very very nice. Thanks for putting that on TS.

Bruce

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Very good video. Thanks aslo.

I noticed on the NBC Closing of the Games that they went through the events and They did snob ALL of the shooting events. They didn't even say anything about Kim getting 5 straight medals in shooting. Sad isn't it.

4. oz

oz Active Member

When Kim won the first gold medal it was in double trap. she was a skeet shooter at that time. the olympics did away with women's skeet so she converted to double trap. every time they change the venue, she changes AND WINS. I think she should be allowed to just shoot against the men and beat them.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Noticed the same thing, Nothing said about shooting gold medals, Maybe they don't count the same as basket weaving.

6. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Great video Thanks !

7. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The Olympic Committee did away with women double trap, softball and baseball. It is my understanding that we The USA were to good in those events and thats why they eliminated the events. The strainge part is they left the MENS DOUBLE TRAP. They said they don't have the time for the women D.T but only the MENS D.T. ??????????

What ever she shoots she will do well in it ad show them "YOU CAN'T STOP ME". Good for her.

8. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Excellent! Clyde

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The committee does not like women's events where the scores can be compared to the men's event scores. They do not like it when the women out score the men. The solution is get rid of the event or change the format so the scores can not be compared. HMB

10. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Great video. The longer version on NRA Women TV website really gets into her life.

11. AEST BOSS

AEST BOSS Member

Did you see the "Syncronized Ball Dancing" on TV yesterday? Really??? An Olympic sport?

12. pufftarget

pufftarget Active Member

At most world cups there were not enough entrys in the women's trap and skeet to constitute an event so the came up w/ doubles. The womens trap and skeet were reinstated w/ increased interest and entrys and doubles eliminated along w/, I believe running target because shooting is allowed only so many events.

13. nmbunker

nmbunker TS Member

RE: Auctioneer
    "The Olympic Committee did away with women double trap, softball and baseball. It is my understanding that we The USA were to good in those events and thats why they eliminated the events."

Then why in the name of all that's good are they still keeping basketball? I can tell you for sure who will win the events in Rio 4 years from now.

14. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The women had a higher winning score in both trap and skeet.

15. Steve Bills

Steve Bills Member

This was great to watch,she has proven to all she is one of the great shotgun shooters.Also to me she sounds like a very special lady..Thank you for sharing this w/ us on TS.com....Steve

16. johnboy

johnboy Member

I have heard at least two commentators call her Kim Rho-de. I thought it was pronounced Rhod.

17. revbook

revbook Member

It's pronounced "Class act" and "Good for the sport". I am proud of her and can't even imagine how her parents feel. Look out Rio.....Kimberly is coming!

Don in PA

18. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Gonna get flamed for this but it came up in a conversation with some other shooters a few days ago; Kim is indeed a great asset to the sport but in an interview with her parents they somewhat lament the fact that they still have a mortgage on their house as a result of supporting Kim's shooting. Ok, if my kids (and now my grandaughter) wanted to do this and seemed to be successful I'd do whatever it took and if that was a second mortgage, so be it. But didn't I read that Kim is married, that Kim collects cars (25 or 26 of them as of last count)? If she can afford to buy/collect cars, store cars, why is that mortgage still on her parent's house?

rm

19. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I asked Kim. It is pronounced like roady.

20. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Why doesn't she shoot for the money at the Grand? The same for Hancock?
    She is the best there is now and he is too.

Harry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.