1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting facilities around Newport News, VA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by benniesdad, Dec 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benniesdad

benniesdad TS Member

It looks like I might be working in Newport News, VA for the next year or so. Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for clay target shooting facilities, primarily trap or sporting clays within a reasonable distance. Already looked at Claytargetsonline, but hoping to see if anyone can help with some first hand experience and narrow down the list.

2. dflo

dflo Member

Well there is Norfolk County It has a nice trap program. Clay Floyd runs the program, Tuesday from 6:00 to 9:00 and Sundays 1:00 to people are tired. For sporting clays try Old Forge. We shoot there some and it is very nice.

3. wjm5806

wjm5806 Member

I was up at Old Forge Sporting today, great day for shooting! Don't forget about Sussex County Shooting sports over near Waverly another great sporting clays range but they are closed for the winter due to open back up in March.
    wjm

4. vatrap

vatrap Member

Shoot me an email, and I'll send you the contact info and schedules for the local clubs.
    We are mostly shooting winter league fun shoots this time of year, registered shoots start in March.

Mike

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Check in with the nice folks at Langley Air Force Base. It's been twenty five years since I shot there, but they were a good bunch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.