1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SHOOTING DOCUMENTATION

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rico46, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Is it me or are we seeing more and more shooters attending classification with no cards or cards simply not updated? To me nothing is more frustrating than having fellow shooters, shooting out of class. I guess they feel like they don't have to follow the rules. The ATA and local shoot managment need to clamp down on this issue.

I love to shoot trap and I love to compete but its hard to imagine people so willing skirt proper classification to win $30 or $40 dollars? Is anyone else experiencing this issue or is it just me. Thanks

Rick

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Its easy to correct ... all the shoot should do is add a line to there program that if you register without proper documentation as to your average you will be shooting in "A" class and will be shooting from the 27yd line.

Do that once or twice and they will begin to at least show up with there average cards.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Rick- I agree that this is becoming more common. Many shooters simply assume that every club has a computer classification system that has the current ATA averages down loaded from a disk. Without documentation, I ask for the correct handicap yardage and make certain they know that if the information they give is incorrect, the score will be disqualified. I then feel forced to classify them as AA shooters.

Many AA 27 AA shooters do not keep their cards filled with scores and that is not a problem for me. It is a violation of ATA rules but I know of no one who has ever filed a complaint.

Another problem is that sometimes it is not even possible to determine if they are current ATA members.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.