1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Coach

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JohnP, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnP

JohnP Member

I seen where you live near Nashville and have several clubs close to shoot at. Could you list the names and locations of the clubs that shoot registered trap? My girlfriend lives in Nashville and when I visit there I'd like to shoot some registered birds when it gets a little warmer. I've only visited one while visiting so far, it was a fairly large one with a sporting clays range on one end. It was pretty much still in the city limits.. We ones do you like to shoot at the best?? The one I visited seemed fairly expensive to shoot at if you were visiting and not a member..Thanks.

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

I'm not coach but the club you mention is Tennessee Clay Target Complex and charges $10 a round for non-members.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Tennessee Clay Target Complex has a lot of features, is convenient, and like a convenience store, is not cheap. They shoot Registered the third weekend of the month. Good location.

Gallatin Gun Club shoots the second and fifth Sunday of the month. Members and guests only, except for ATA days. Good folks.

Big Springs Clay Targets shoots the first Saturday of the month. Good targets.

Henry Horton, a State Park, has Archery, Skeet, Trap and ABT, but does not now shoot registered, has good scenery and the cheapest rates.

Davidson Co. Sportsmans' Club is Rifle and Pistol, members and guests only. We have a small fishing pond for the youngsters.

Stones River Hunter Education Center is a State operated range, set up for Rifle and Pistol, out to 200 yards.

Montgomery Co. Shooting Complex is another State Park, still in the growth phase. It has the only Bunker available to the public in Tn, Archery, Skeet, Trap, Wobble, and Pistol and Rifle ranges out to 400 yards. Run by great people. I do Handgun Carry Permit Classes there and donate the fees to the Range Development Fund. Nice, scenic drive.

We also have four indoor pistol ranges within convenient driving distance, in Nashville, Franklin, Greenbriar, and Murfreesboro.

There a couple of other small clubs, that don't have trap or are set up for SCTP practice.

All in all, not a bad area for a shooter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.