1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Coach, I have a question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bubby, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubby

Bubby TS Member

Who should I send my Hi Power to. Who do you recommend to check and repair everything??

Thanks,
    Bubby

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Bubby

Cylinder and Slide does good work, but turnaround is measured in DECADES. LOL

What is wrong with your Browning? Did you do basic checks, and try a factory mag with good ammo? The Hi-Power is basic in design and gives little trouble.

At this time of year, Browning factory service is backed up till early 2008. You have been warned.

3. Bubby

Bubby TS Member

Shooting Coach, thank you for the help. I called cylinder and slide today, 7 to 8 months. I contacted Browning, just like you said, early 2008.
    I got it yesterday, fellow told me it was jamming (I do not believe he would have sold it otherwise) . He said every 2nd shot it was jamming. I put 6 hy-dra shot in it yesterday and it never missed a lick. Then I started shooting Remington UMC and it would not eject the hull. It would eject the first one then not the second. It stayed in the barrel, not jammed, but not ejected. I sprayed WD-40 on the ejector, and it ran 8 rounds fine. It later started jamming each shot. We have No smith's around here, and I don't want it butchered. I have tried other Mags, no difference. It was made in 77, and is in 95% condition. I just want it to work, then I will pick it up.

Bubby

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Since the gun works with Hydra Shok, then the ammo making the gun malfunction is suspect.

Remington UMC is loaded to lower velocity levels. You might look for NATO spec Federal 9X19, or hunt for PMC. European nines like hot ammo.

If you must shoot the remmy fodder, order a reduced power recoil sring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.