1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Cart

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ke4yyd, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I am 76 years old with many health problems. I still love to shoot skeet and other clay sports. Last week I shot a 4x50 shoot and experienced severe fatigue problems walking and carrying my gear between ranges. I need a cart to carry my 'stuff". One that folds up for carrying in the car. This one is one I found. Anyone have something better?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/312643/do-all-gun-buggy-folding-3-wheel-shooting-cart-nylon-green?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Shooting+-+Range+Supplies+%26+Equipment-_-PriceCompListing-_-312643

2. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

This may not be an idea for you. But I'm startIng to build my own from the frame and wheels of a jogging stroller. Something to do between trips to shoots.

There was a post earlier today or yesterday on the subject.

I certainly hope you shoot for many more years to come!!!!

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Looks like it will work great. Another option is the ones made by Rugged Gear. I provided a link to their website above. They make 2 gun carts and 4 gun carts. I have a homemade one but the concept of the push cart works great and allows me to take all my gear without straining my shoulders and back. Should help with your problem.

4. In plain view

In plain view Member

ke4yyd: Call Rugged Gear in So. Dakota. (800) 784-4331. I got mine several years ago because of lower back problems. The cart has saved my shooting career. You can bring them up on the Internet. I highly suggest you get flat free tires when you order. You would be surprised how many flat tires you will get when running over stickers etc. Secondly go to a Wal-Mart store and pick up one of their black metal fold-up stools. I fold mine and then hang it on one of the gun holder brackets. When I get tired I stop and simply unfold the chair and sit down and rest. Best move I ever did. Bob

5. shaggist

shaggist Member

This is the cart that I made from a Baby Jogger stroller that I found on my local Craigslist. The two barrel holders at the top I found at a local bicycle shop. They are designed to hold a flashlight on your handlebars. This cart folds up easily for storing in my trunk, and the wheels come off easily to make it even more storable.

Jack Young
    [​IMG]

6. sporting20gauge

sporting20gauge Banned User Banned

7. sporting20gauge

8. build4u

build4u Member

I have been using a Rugged Gear cart for years for sporting clays. I use it for my childrens bows for shooting the 3d archery course at my club as well. I personally feel saving fatigue is huge. At 8 and ten I am teaching my kids to rest there bow on thier toe, put the gun in the rack or rest it on your foot. The new model rugged gear the front wheel rotates where mine was fixed. They will hold everything and a rain fly type cover is available. I did not use mine to often and I can remember if it was 100% waterproof.

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Sporting20...

among the nicest, pulled together set-ups I have ever seen in a cart... PM sent.

Jay

10. build4u

build4u Member

Forget to mention, I wanted my cart to carry muzzle down. The do all looks like the older generation Rugged Gear. I just pop a little wheelie with mine for a hard turn I am not sure you need the swiveling front tire.

11. wyogeorge

wyogeorge Member

I own a rugged gear cart. I love it. Buy the one that fits your needs and never look back.
    George

12. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

If you are going to purchase one. I would go with the Rugged Gear cart myself. The front wheel pivets for turning and overall, I think it is a better quality cart for our needs. And the best part there is less that $20.00 in price difference.JMHO. Personally I bought a used baby jogger cart and with some work on my part, my wifes handy sewing abilities have made my own cart. I did over the winter sand it down and give it a new paint job as well. But with the $20.00 that I spent for the cart, The $35.00 for the gun mounts, I do not know what the fabric cost that my wife used. I almost wish that I had just purchased a Rugged Gear cart to start with. I second the getting a fold up stool or a chair of some kind to take with you. At the larger shoots when you get to your trap and there is no place sit and I have to stand and wait for our turn to start. My back starts to hurt like hell after a while because of having to stand up. Just a little break of sitting and I am ok, But if it starts to hurt too much my scores head south and I really suffer.

Jim B

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Is that a parasite, or a pair of Seitz?! Nice.

WW

14. Ludmilla

Ludmilla Member

Anotehr vote for the Rugged Gear cart. Have one and love it.

Nancy

15. sporting20gauge

fits browning shooting bag and 8 boxes 12ga on back rack I shoot with a vest s i reload as i go out of top compartment. dont want weight to be on my shoulders , look for post fine itailain cart to haul my brownings

16. Grumpy Bear

Grumpy Bear TS Member

Another vote for the Rugged Gear Cart. Make sure you get one with the muzzle down gun holder,
    as some clubs will not let you use one with the muzzles up because of safety issues.

17. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Steve, which options are on your cart? Thx Bill

18. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

That would be great!
    Thanks for the lead.

Bill

19. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Where are you located, ke4yyd? If you are in Virginia, I have a Rugged Gear cart that I am not using.

20. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Rugged Gear cart. No problems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
3 wheel shooting carts
do-all 2 gunner folding 3-wheel shooting cart nylon orange
gun buggy folding 3-wheel shooting cart

gun buggy shooting cart

sporting clays cart
trap shooting cart