1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting Browning Unsingle Combo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have now shot about 2000 rounds through my Unsingle Combo.

I am extremely happy with it. The fixed stock version with a weight in the stock and two in the 34" Unsingle barrel gives the heft, balance and diminished recoil I want. I have it set a little higher than 90/10. There are a few pellets under the front bead, but not many! I use Neils' 13 yard bench technique for myself and anyone I work with. Thanks, Neil.

Saturday and Sunday I shot about one and a half flats of high velocity handicap loads through it with not one flinch or ill effect.

I shot a 98 off the 27 Sunday, and a 100 Saturday with the 40 point Angleport bore matched choke.

The 1250 foot 1 1/8 oz loads were fabulous at the 27. 25.5 gr Solo 1250, Federal GM hull, Fed primer, blue Windjammer wad and a full load of 7 1/2's really work in this barrel. For comparison, a box of Nitro 27's were shot. At 1235 fps, they kicked more than my reload, but did not generate the satisfying breaks the Solo 1250 load gave.

On another note, on Saturday, I used the 32" O/U barrels on two rounds of Bunker, and shot two 24's. The Trap Combo is a little ponderous for this game, but if fresh and not fatigued or just worn out from the heat, it does a good job.

I have also shot respectable scores on the Skeet field with appropriate chokes. The O/U barrel shoots an honest 80/20 with both barrels well centered. Being cross dominant, a high shooting gun helps me look at the bird and NOT down the side of the gun. I do not crossfire with a high shooting gun. Self hypnosis has helped on this and other shooting issues, like recoil and beating a horrible flinch.

All in all, I am very pleased with this gun and want to say that Browning has produced another winner.

At one time Sunday, I was on a four man squad and there were FOUR Unsingle Combo's on the line.

Anyone who likes Brownings and is ready for a gun in this configuration should take a hard look at these Combos.

2. bkt

bkt TS Member

Can this set-up come with a Left Hand Palm swell??

3. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Coach,,, sounds like you have a GOOD one,,,I ahve had mine for about a 1 1/2 yr. (about 25,000-30,00 shots)and I have had PROBLEMS,,,trigger would not set (unless closed hard),,single barrel would not install (had to install the O/U first to cock the hammers),,but the most annoying was the failure to fire on the lower barrel (both single and double). It finally broke 2 weeks ago, (the lower hammer broke at the hinge pin, also braking the hinge pin)and the factory is replacing it. The brake was old, and finally gave way,,,that was the one thing we did not check, when we were trying to fix it. Maybe the new one will be better.

4. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Alas, still waiting, I tried out a MX15 that I could have had for the same price but gave it back and decided to wait on the Browning.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Mike

It is the XT combo. the Cynergy combo is apparently made from unobtanium. I have been hitting the gym about 15 hours a week, and the 30" guns got too light and whippy. I was blowing six feet in front of the angled Bunker targets!

I have a regular XT 32" gun which weighs about a pound less. I figure between a longer forend and denser wood, the Combo is much more portly, though a dream for ATA chores.

I can shoot the regular XT when tired/dehydrated, etc. I have to be fresh to swing the Combo.

With my Amerind cheekbones, most guns shoot about 70/30 or better, and I am cross dominant. Decades of high shooting guns has helped me not crossfire.

We finally have a real Bunker in North Tennessee. Courtesy of several Southern Democrats. Our GOVERNOR owns a Beretta Trap Combo!!!!! And he can shoot it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.