1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting at the Autumn Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vatrap, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vatrap

vatrap Member

I'm flying out to the Autumn Grand next week and it will be my first time shooting at Tuscon.

What's the story on shells locally, buy them at Sportsman's Warehouse when we get there or buy them at the club?

I saw the thread about restaurants and things to do in the area when we are not shooting so we are prepared there. One of our shooting friends is a Tuscon native, so he gave us the rundown on the speed camera's, places to go etc. Not leaving guns in the rental car and that kind of stuff, anything else we should know?

Thanks,

Mike

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Buy shells at the club....handi......nothing more.

Enjoy the shoot.....I wish I could have gone this year, but it wasn't to be. Saving my money for the Alaska State Shoot.

Rick in Mt.

3. vatrap

vatrap Member

I stopped at Sportsmans Warehouse in Tucson yesterday and they had Estates for $5.99/box and 5% discount for cases. Descent selection, AA and STS were still $7.99-$8.49 per box, no case discounts.

Mike

4. TjayE

TjayE Member

Mike, good luck to you on your shooting at the Autumn Grand. Wish I could be there with you. Can you give us a feed back on the Top Shooters? Tom E.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

vatrap and his beautiful new bride were married tonight (Wed) during a magnificent Arizona sunset ceremony at the Tucson Trap and Skeet Club. It was a memorable event for all that witnessed the nuptials and celebration. Myself, I got a little teary eyed. The bride was radiant in a lovely ankle length satin gown of white. Mr. and Mrs. Jeter will honeymoon at the TT&SC during the ATA Autumn Grand Trapshooting event.

6. Vickie

Vickie Member

Barry, you have such a way with words. It was a beautiful sunset and Cheryl was a beautiful bride. I am sure it is something we all will always remember.

Congratulations again Mike and Cheryl!

Vickie

7. Barry C. Roach

Aw shucks, Vickie, thanks.

8. Barry C. Roach

Nope. Best day yet....except for the heat on our northern US and Canadian friends. No wind 'til near the end of the handicap (the last event) and it got too late for good light for the last few squads.

9. vatrap

vatrap Member

Tom,
    As Barry and Vickie noted, We're a little busy right now when we're not actually shooting. Thanks again to everybody that helped us out yesterday.

Mike & Cheryl

[​IMG]

10. jdomas

jdomas Member

So you did put a suit on! You said jeans and Tux jacket was going to be the thing.

Congrats!!

John D.

11. Vickie

Vickie Member

I don't know how many shooters were here last year, but there were 368 today in the singles. About 75 squads. Perfect weather. Looked like there were quite a few 200's.

Vickie

12. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo and I did not actually get married at the gun club (opted for his mom's back yard) but we did honeymoon at the Missouri State Shoot. Seemed like a good idea at the time, held a reception at a restaurant close to the club for all our shooter friends. If I had it to do all over, I would probably pick another date. For the rest of our lives, we are probably going to spend our anniversary at the MO State Shoot. While I do enjoy our state shoot, it might be fun and something special to take a real vacation somewhere else to celebrate an anniversary. Oh well....congratulations to the happy couple!

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They have had 3338 shooters enter event's up until and not including Event 15, from what is being posted ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.