1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting at Gun Show

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JimmyP, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Here in Texas they check each gun and strap it through the breech to keep it from being loaded. In the past, some A-Holes were carring ammo in in their pockets and loading guns on the sly. When that was discovered they started doing the strapping procedure. Some people will try and screw up anything

Jimmy

2. calldan

calldan Member

Reguardless how it happen It sucks for all of us!

I don't care who you are the first thing you do when handling a firearm is check to see if it's unloaded!!

My daughter & I were there when the discharged happen, my daughter asked if she was in danger at the gun show, all I could anwser was it was safer there then driving there. Please give me your opinion for a better anwser.

Sorry about hijacking the thread!!

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Ten or so years ago at a gun show I pick,t up a pump shotgun to look at . as I gave it a pump and a loaded shell fell out.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I was a Paramedic in a former life, at shooting scenes the last thing we worried about were the shots to the shoulders of the victims ... The amount of blood actually is a good thing to clean the wound from inside and a pressure bandage of a towel, rag, jacket, T-shirt, etc. would control the bleeding until they could get the victim to a Medical Facility ...

I would be more interested in finding out how the weapon got to be on a display table loaded in the first place, that vendor should be charged with a Felony for not checking all of the display weapons and securing them ... The person who pulled the trigger should be charged with UUW at least as a lesson from what could of been a disaster had someone, anyone been killed ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

Just on the new the gun was tied and still went off.

6. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

--"at least as a lesson for what could of what could of been a disaster"???? That is a very interesting observation WPT. So, if a person does something that "could" endanger someone they should be charged with a crime? What's this world coming to? Now I see how O'bammy got elected.

7. 3on8

3on8 Member

Rule 1
    Never point a gun at anyone unless you plan on killing them.
    Rule 2
    Unless you personally checked to make sure the gun is empty, always consider it loaded.
    Rule 3
    If you do not understand the above, do not touch!!!!!!!!!!

8. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

What 3on8 said.

9. Blueraven81

Blueraven81 TS Member

Certainly the vendor was at fault, however I've never seen a gun go off while siting on a table.

It's a no brainer that Vendors are responsible for insuring their guns are unloaded, but it's also the responsibility of whomever is handling the gun to know its current firing condition.

I don't need to add to this post on how to handle a firearm.

The sponsors of the event are negligent due to the lack of safety measures not put in place. The Vendor is negligent for displaying a loaded firearm and the shooter is both negligent and stupid for not checking the gun and for pointing it at something they intended not to shoot. The shooter is the type of person who should be banned from owning or handling a firearm.

Blueraven

10. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Great -- give big brother the excuse they're looking for to "close the gun show loophole."

-Gary

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I first question did the vender leave the gun loaded by accident or did some fruitcake come in and load the gun? The guy who picked up the gun and then FORGOT all safety rules should also go to jail for being so damn stupid.

When I was setting up at show's I would watch people as they were moving around. The anti gunners were there and you can find them. I would see people pull out camera's as carefully as they could and take a pic and put the camera back in their coat or bag. The rules at the shows are you do not take pic's without the permition of the gunshow hosts. I know some people have been thrown out of the show because they didn't want to follow the rules. I have also seen people with cell phone camera's doing the same thing. If any of you all see someone doing so report it to the gunshow people. They will go after them.

What they the anti gunners are doing is taking pic's of this and that saying this is being sold at shows and that is being sold at shows. Look at this and that. You get the idea.

12. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

The suck-a$$ liberals in this country, elected or not, will use this as a tool to advance their No GUN agenda. You never see a headline about how many aircraft take off and land safely, only the one that crashes is page 1.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

trapshootin hippie,

If you are going to copy and paste something I say don't cut it off at any point to make your point ... Yes, I am very observant because my life depended on it at times ... I was to busy working and trying to save lives while you were probably demonstrating about something which is all the Real Hippies ever did along with Jane Fonda ... If someone, anyone would of been killed it would of been a disaster, I don't put a guy getting shot in the shoulder in the same catagory ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

A little over 10 years ago, some asshole fired a round from a pump shotgun through the ceiling at the door-check table at a gunshow in Dayton, OH. They asked this putz to please open the action, and he pulled the trigger to get the bolt to release. Oops.

Boy that whole room sure got quiet for about 5 seconds (a shotgun fired indoors when people aren't wearing hearing protection tends to do that).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.