1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting at 6 Degrees

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by indycamster, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indycamster

indycamster Member

indycamster_2009_12114.jpg

Fall Creek Valley League Shoot. Air Temperature 6 Degrees....

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

Now thats dedication and under the lights no less. I salute you oh men of little sense ;o)

--- Chip King ---

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

My friend you guys have balls of grapefruits. Frozen balls but big ones. LOL

Matt

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

About 20 years ago I shot in -8 for a 50 target league shoot and wound up getting a small area of frostbite on the back of my neck. Was shooting new Premiers and they sounded like bad loads with a lot of powder residue left in the barrel.

5. Hardage

Hardage TS Member

Glad to see some other people who are just as insane as I am. We have been shooting a night 5 Stand league for 3 years now. This year the club enclosed the shooting area and heated it. Last few years we were out in the elements. Two nights in particular here in Wisconsin I remember still...having moved here from Texas...don't ask...one night minus 13 actual and snowing. Another night minus 11, wind from the north, snowing..again..I was standing next to a 150,000 BTU fan driven kerosene heater and put my hand about 3 inches from the glowing orange center and could not feel any heat. Is that bad? I figured I probably should not do that as my other Physician partners in my Anesthesia practice would be less than understanding of that injury and inability to work for a few days. Sent pics of it to some old squad buddies in Texas...they return mailed me some Psychiatric drugs with instructions on how to take them.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You Pussies......it was below zero last night, like only minus one or two. Plus 6 would have been nice. LOL.

HM

7. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I ran 50 straight last night under lights @ 0 deg.

tony

8. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

What only 4 guys ? It must be that Global Warming thing

9. Capt_ed

Capt_ed Member

Shot below zero yesterday up here in British Columbia. Going to go tonight under the lights and am expecting some frozen balls when I get home. What color targets you guys throwing in the snow and at night? Our all orange were hard to pick up against the bank of clay and snow mixed. I am sure they won't be throwing whites tonight.

10. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

War Wagon, Look over and beyond the scorer. There is another person out there (shooter?).

11. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

excuse me... leaving a clubhouse warmed to 60+ degrees takes big balls, but once outside... "shrinkage factor" - those boys hang high and in tight!

Its all in the "science"! (lol)

regards,

Jay

12. Stumpi24

Stumpi24 Member

I think I see Ed Grubbs out there.

13. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

Shot at Maywood last night, I think it was 1 above. Not too many shooters though.

14. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

Hell ya it looks like he is on station 7 he must be low shooter on the squad

15. RAScott

RAScott Member

hard to tell, looks like the camera person was ssssshhhhhiiivering!

Bob S

16. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

If you're shooting at just 6 degrees, then either they are throwing very flat targets or you're shooting them too quickly right out of the house. ;-)
    (Sorry, cabin fever here, and Jack Frost made me do it.) ....Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.