1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting After By-Pass?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by racer, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racer

racer TS Member

Any ideas on how long after heart by-pass surgery before you can resume shooting? Thanks,Dan

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Dan, I waited bout six months after I had 5 bypasses. Don't know it that long wait was necessary or not, but didn't want to push it. Gne J

3. yuccaknob

yuccaknob TS Member

After my 4 way, I waited about 3 months, then started shooting a 28 ga.for about a month, then went to some light loads in the 12. I had no problems.
    Don

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

HAD 5 bypases on 17 November and shot 50 birds of Olympic Trap on 27 December.

TB

5. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Three months or so worked for me. I did use 20 and 28 ga tubes for lighter recoil but a 1 oz 12 is about the same as a 20. The 28 was (and still is) a great way to hone your precision, shoot a lot and feel no recoil. It's been 3 years now and the only problem was that they did not transplant any talent and I'm still hacking away. :)

6. crustygalloot

crustygalloot TS Member

i had bypass surgery on oct 19 of this year. also had a defibulator put in 3 days later. about 6 weeks after the defibulator was put in i went for checkup.
    was told that everything was ok & i was cleared to start shooting. the first week was rough but is getting better.been shooting 4 weeks now. age may be a factor as i am 56 and thought i was in pretty fair shape before this happened.
    listen to your body & ease back into it.good luck,crusty galloot

7. Joe P.

Joe P. TS Member

In my case I had a fiver (or so they told me- I decided to take a "nap" when they did their work!) and I went out for the deer opener just about a month later. That was with a lite loaded 44. Mag. I was near the road with a very short walk in and the daughters on standby in case I actually did get a deer. I led up to this by starting with a .22 then a .40 S&W, then .44 Spec and finally a lightly loaded .44 Mag load. I followed up about two weeks later with some VERY lite 12 Ga. (So light they did not even work the 1100's action and had that hollow sound but they broke the bird when I put them in the right place.

I got back to my normal 3 Dr. 1 1/8 load about a week later. It took a few weeks to get back to my normal scores (which were not that great anyway either before or after the CABG).

Good Luck.

8. break25

break25 TS Member

In my case, I was told not to drive for 6 weeks.
    CHAZZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.