1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shooting 8/2/2009 @ West Chester Gun Club, PA

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dedpair, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

I want to first say that I Hope you have a good shoot on Sunday!

Just want to make a friendly dispute to the oldest club in PA.If you check the link for our PSSA induction ( http://southendgc.com/history.htm ), you'll see we've been around since 1887.... And other than a Club in Canada, are considered to be the oldest continually active club in North America.

Again just being friendly to the good folks at West Chester!!!!

Jeff

2. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Hi Jon, you say here on TS that ATA starts at noon, but the WC Gun Club facebook website (under events) says practice at 10, shoot starts at 11 am. Please clarify so shooters can plan accordingly, thanks!

JS

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Jeff, Southend location has only been their since the late 20's or early 30's I have several Spoersmans Review magazines and 1 of them tells of Southend moving there. I think the club had at least 2 if not 3 other locations before the final move.

4. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Same with West Chester Gun Club. The Association was founded in 1892 and commenced shooting and other athletic activities immediately. The association was incorporated in March 1898.

South End, a very nice club to visit and shoot at, does not claim to be the oldest gun club. They claim, as you can plainly read on the sign posted on their grounds, they are the oldest Continuously Operating gun club in the country. That is true. WCGC, although older, ceased operation for a short time during WWII.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.