1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting 391 "Wet"?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jerryw, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Shooting 391

I should receive my new Beretta 391 Parallel target Monday. Sometime back there was a thread about spraying them wet with Breakfree CLP and shooting them. I would like some more info on this as I would sure like to find a better way to clean them. Any info? Pro's and con's

Thanks
    Jerryw

2. winchesterAA

winchesterAA Member

Shooting 391

Jerry,
    I shoot a 391 NCP Conversion and yes i shhot it wet sprayed down with Breakfree CLP, Cleanup is easy after shooting, I spray down the piston and the extension where the piston slides over, When cleaning afterwards get a glass jar fill it with mineral spirits drop the piston in the jar for a few minutes and just wpie it off and re spray it again.. Works great! Richie

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Shooting 391

Jerryw,

You might consider doing a search for the word "wet" in the Subject field. There have been numerous discussions on that very subject regarding 391's, Rem 1100/1187's, etc. It takes only a few seconds to do the search.

4. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

Shooting 391

I am not as smart as many of the posters here, so I would actually follow Beretta's instructions. Those do not include spraying and shooting wet. But if you want to take advice from someone who has stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, go right ahead. I am certain they know what they are talking about.

5. Clay McCracken

Clay McCracken TS Member

Shooting 391

Shoot it wet. Spray the piston area as well as the bolt return spring area. Try to keep the spray away from the trigger though.

Mike T.

6. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Shooting 391

Shoot my 1100,391& 390 wet, cleanup is a breeze and very little wear marks.

Jerbear

7. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Shooting 391

I guess I'm the only one who shoots mine "dry" I clean after every session at the range and dry all internal parts of the gas system before I reassemble. Over 10,000 trouble-free rounds this way.

hubcap

8. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Shooting 391

Good comments so far. Easystreet thanks for the tip on the search. I did that first but put too many words in the search box. Thanks for the comments.

Jerryw

9. Sargon

Sargon TS Member

Shooting 391

I spray everything(internal)except the trigger with break free with clp. When I clean the trigger I just spray it with rem oil and shake it out.

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Shooting 391

Youse guys are all "wet"(sic).

"Damp" is the way to go. spray, wipe off, and put away. clean once a year, but not if it's working good. All that disassembly is not good.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.