1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooting 34 inch ou barrels for doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DCHayFarm, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCHayFarm

DCHayFarm TS Member

H ow do most shooters like shooting doubles with 34 inch OU barrels, Are they to heavy to swing. And what barrels lengh do you prefer. thanks Bill

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I prefer 30" barrels. HMB

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

34" barrels on one gun will be entirely different than 34" barrels on a different gun. The dynamics of a 34" Perazzi O/U may be entirely different than 34" O/U barrels on, say, a Kreighoff. You need to shoot one for yourself to decide which you like, swing, and shoot the best. I have shot 30", 32", and 34" Perazzi O/U barrels and prefer the 32" barrels much more, and shoot them much better than the other two. In all fairness, however, the 32" O/U barrels on my DB-81 may be entirely different than a set of 32" barrels on a MX-8, or whatever. The ONLY way to find out is to shoot them yourself. There is no rule of thumb as to which is better. The proof of which is better is the one you shoot the highest score with..... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

1100 with a 34" barrel worked awesome for me. IMHO OMaha

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Ray Stafford does very well with them.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

34 inch ou for trap