1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shootin' at Sparta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by claycruncher, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Arrived at the WRSC yesterday. There isn't any trap shooting yet, but the 2 sporting clays courses are open. Well, a guy has to shoot! We shot the south course yesterday and both the south and the north course today. It is hot (95 or so) and plenty of humidity. We had a couple of sprinkles, but they didn't last very long.

Sporting clays is a blast and I think the trap targets should look easy tomorrow. LOL! Practice begins Saturday at noon. I hope to see you all on the line! Regards, Jim Pappas, Walnut Creek, Ca. 2,138 miles!!!!

2. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Jim,
    Will the Sporting Clays Course be open while the Grand is going on? My new Sporting Clays Gun is supposed to be in and I am afraid if I don't use it right away the gun might rust or fail to trust me in the future. Besides, I get bored sitting around after handicap gets over.

Charlie

Too bad they don't tack on 100 or 200 singles every day.

3. crbtsb

crbtsb TS Member

How tough are the sporting clay coures set? I am looking forward to shooting them next week and want to be prepared for a humbling event. Clay

4. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

No vendors are open yet, except maybe a couple of food vendors. Some will open tomorrow, but I expected more open by today. They all seem a little behind.

I don't know if the Sporting courses will be open during the shoot, but I expect they will. I know I want to shoot them some more as well as some of the guys joining me here. They have 2 courses, the South course and the North course. Both are challenging, but the North course is the more difficult per the IDNR guy that runs the courses. I haven't shot much SC and shot in the mid 60's. It was the same for the other guys I was with. Bring the sporting guns and you'll have a blast!

5. JRW

JRW Member

Jim are you the Pappas that I shot with in Spring Grand? Jerry Wernette in MI.

6. JRW

JRW Member

ttt

7. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Hi Jerry, Yes it's me. Are you coming to the Grand?

Hey Zar! I'm a native of Illinois! Couldn't take the crappy weather and moved away 35 years ago. With this heat and humidity, I should have known better than to come back! I guess I love shootin'! BTW, 2138 miles from my driveway to the shooting complex.

8. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

I started shooting five years ago and have gone to the Grand every year. The first year I flew to Dayton, but have driven the past four years. I can bring all my stuff, back-up gun etc. and can haul home lots of goodies especially reloading supplies. It's a long drive but I usually make it in 48 hours or less in elapsed time. Once I'm here or return home, driving is worth it to me.

I grew up on the northwest side of Chicago, but moved to DesPlaines when I started high school. I graduated from DePaul University with my Bachelors and MBA before moving to Southern California. I've lived in Minneapolis, New York City, Philadelphia, spent 5 years in Australia (Melbourne), back to So. Cal and now live in the Bay Area. It's all been fun, but I don't miss the weather in Chicago, the many good friends, yes, the weather...hell no!

9. JRW

JRW Member

Claycruncher; Jim you have any openings for events 19 and 20? 25 yard on caps. Jerry in MI.

10. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Hey Jerry, We had a squad of 4 for Event 19, Doubles. We're squad 142, bank 7C. We're squad 143, bank 8 for event 20. We had 2 openings on event 20, but I don't know if they filled the squads. You can check in the event center. I hope you can make the squads. Good Shooting!

11. JRW

JRW Member

claycruncher; Jim I won't be there till 1st of the week so by then they will be gone. Jerry

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Here's Tron's new ride... no wonder gas is an issue.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/25011928@N00/427573440/" title="Photo Sharing">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

13. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

WHO KNOW'S. I'm not talking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.