1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooters From Australia

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by xtxt, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtxt

xtxt Active Member

Just wanted to say Hi to Release Trigger and the rest of a great bunch of guys from Australia. They shot at the Grand and the Cardnial Center.

Thoose of you that got to meet then found they are like shooters as we are who love the sport of shooting as much as we do.

Just wanted to let then know I don't hold driving on the wrong side against them.

Yes Trapshooters is read all over the World

Have a good one

Don S.

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Yes , One for all and all for one .

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Don, Have you ever looked at things from there point of view??? Maybe we are the only country to drive on the wrong side of the road, and everyone else is normal!!! But then again??? Break-em all. Jeff

4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I sat on a bench behind bank 4 at the Grand and had a very nice discussion with an Ausie trapshooter. Very nice guy. I wish him the best of luck with his new Baretta! Martinpicker(Jack Farrow)

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I stood in the food line at Cardinal behind 3 New Jersey Shooters arguing over who got the biggest or bigger Apple Fritter!!!!

GB
    DLS

6. skeeter1956

skeeter1956 Member

hi guys , with the low us dollar a lot of us aussies can now come to the usa for a shot. i think that there are about 26 aussies coming to the skeet worlds this year. have fun and say hi. cheers des

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I met "Release Trigger" and his crew at the Grand and shot with "Stubby". Some really great guys from Austraila. Funny how people b!tch and moan about having to travel and they come from half way around the World to shoot. Air Fare at $3000 round trip. I never heard any of them complain.

8. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

They, as did I, stayed at the Super 8 in Belleville, IL. I got to have breakfast with them for the four days I was there. Interesting conversations. I had to listen closely because of their accents. Learned a few new words and the differences in some of the definitions. We use the same words but the meanings are extremely different.

Very friendly group of fellows (Blokes or Mates). I never thought of putting ts.com names to the faces. I did get all of their names so that I can check up on their accomplishments on the ATA or RJ Stuart web sites.

Great guys and I hope to see them at the GAH in the coming years.

Keith

9. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

I shot on a penalty squad with some members of the Aus. shooting team in 1975 at the Grand.

They were all shooting FN OUs if I recall.

A great bunch of fellows.

Regards....Gerald

10. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Don, Matt and Keith,

Well all the fun is over and we are back home Downunder, thanks to you all for a great visit, we have become accustomed to nothing less.

Matt, I hope your upcoming surgery is a complete success and you will be fighting fit for next summer.

Keith, yes our breakfast conversations were enjoyable, but it's you guy's that have the accent not us. (finally ran the 100 in the 1st 16's at the Cardinal but did not continue in the carry-over, Matt Patmore ran the 100 in event 8 Handicap for 3rd and some good money).

Don, great catching up and shooting with you at the Cardinal, long trip home, but the memories will last forever (Bananas @ $16.80 per Kilo here today, so eat a few cheap one's over there for me.
    Also have to think about driving to work tomorrow (what side of the road again)

Regards,...Gary.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Gary,

It was my pleasure meeting you and your mates. You guys are certainly ambassadors to American Trap. It sure makes us think about our miserable complaints of travel and such when you consider the trip you guys take every year. I sure hope you are able to make it again next year. Start watching for those great deals on Air Fare now.

Thanks so much for the thoughts on my surgery.

P.S. When you get the wifes car back, let her drive it to get detailed. You have helped her out enough already with it. LOL

Matt

12. Codebrown

Codebrown TS Member

Matt -

Next year bring some of those skinny blonde Aussie girls along - at least an extra one for Jake - good shootin with you -

Geoff

13. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Just a reminder to you blokes from south of the equator. Our targets spin clockwise, not the other way 'round.....grin

mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.