1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooters first 25-straight (with pictures)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Hessong* (MH*), Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know this post is a bout a shooters first straight in skeet, but thought some of my trapshooting friends would like to hear (and see) the results anyway. Mike*(MH*)

Just wanted to congratulate Melissa Barringer (one of the local Victoria County 4-H shooters) who shot her first 25-straight in skeet last night at the Victoria Skeet and Trap Club's "Wednesday night Pot Shoot". Way to go !!! And in keeping with a shooting tradition (at least around here, and I think a lot of other places), we shot her cap up after the event. Well, we shot her dad's cap, Melissa wasn't wearing a cap, but I think she now owes her dad a new cap. LOL

We had 10 shooters line up along the sidewalk (around station 8) and had her dad, Kirk Barringer, toss the cap up over the heads of the shooters (we added a few clay targets so it would fly a little easier), and then everyone did their best to give Melissa a "keepsake" of this special event. Melissa's mom asked me if I would take a couple of pictures of the "shooting" and I told her I would be honored to record the event. Actually, Tammy usually has HER camera with her, but the one night her daughter runs her first straight, the camera didn't make it out to the club. Guess she was lucky a crazy camera guy like myself just "happened" to have a camera at hand. HaHa Hope y'all enjoy the pictures.

The young lady that shot the straight is the 3rd shooter from the left (right besides her twin sister to her right. Both in long pony tails. I think they are sophomores in high school. Their older brother just made the Texas State 4-H shooting team and their father and mother are the leaders of the Victoria County 4-H Shooting Club. Melissa's dad, Kirk, is the man throwing the cap up to be shot (his own cap !!! HaHa)

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Well Congrats to both Mellissa and her dad Kirk!!! Nothing like your very first 25 strait!!! Now Is it consider proper to shoot your own hat??? LOL. Sounds like shooting runs into her family. I'm sure you will she her with her 50 in no time. break em all Jeff

3. The Stive

The Stive Member

Cograts on good shooting. I have yet to run a 25 at skeet. Many at trap. I keep looking for three shells in my pocket walking to station 8. John

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nice job melissa and good photo Mike. I really emjoy your photography on facebook. lou

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Congrats but the photo is not what we expect to see from a group of skeeters - not a single tutu in the bunch...you must have a different strain up in BC:)

6. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

They are in Victoria, Texas. Roy

7. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great shooting Congrats.

Bud

8. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

Lou (cubancigar), glad you enjoy my pictures, I sure like taking them. "Almost" as much as I like shooting clay-targets !!! And I DO like shooting clay-targets; ALL games. Registered trap, skeet and sporting clays, and Bunker Trap whenever I get up to San Antonio or Kerrville. Great game !

Wolfram, I saw where ramorton (my 'ol buddy Roy) told you we are in Texas, actually South Texas, just off the Gulf Coast. The short pants should have given us away. Pretty much shorts weather "almost" 12 months a year. Well, at least for me. HaHa (I always forget about the bigger city Victoria's around the world.)

Roy, I hope to see you sometime during the upcoming Southwestern Grand in San Antonio. Give me a shout if you come over.

The Stive, keep shooting, that straight will come, and then they get easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.