1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooters Emporium Composite Stocks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Express, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Express

Express TS Member

I was looking at the composite Perazzi stocks on the Shooters Emporium website. Does anyone have one of these stocks? Does the wood overlay compare or look like high grade wood? It seems like you are better off buying the composite stock versus sending in your own stock for a conversion. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I see the Perazzi stock is on sale on their website for $ 625. That's sure more reasonable than their regular price of $995. Now I see on their website that they're not showing the matching fore-ends which were $395. Their website is very confusing, and the truth is that the company seems to be a ship without a rudder. The owner, Moe Bragg is pretty old and not in the best of health, according to their own employees.
    To answer your question: I have the light burl on a 391. It does looks like fancy walnut if you don't look too close. But if you don't get the matching forend, it will look funny. My suggestion: Call them, ask what they have in stock and how much. That's what I had to do.

3. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I have the composite stock on my 390. I can not buy a forearm although they do build one for the 391. I am happy with the stock and have had several shooters comment on the fine looking "wood".

JON

4. Express

Express TS Member

Jon,
    Does the wood look real to you? Were you able to select you own length of pull?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.