1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooter stealing hulls.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jul 15, 2013.

1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I don't reload anymore---I drop my gun club and AA hulls on the ground so that the club staff can get them. I tell the staff that the hulls are for them. Well another shooter continually goes after them, he doesn't load them, he SELLS them.

He's been told to stay away from them by the staff.

Phil Berkowitz

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Pretty easy to fix.........bag your empties instead of littering the grounds with them & give them to the staff later. Problem solved.

3. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Instead of dropping them on the ground, catch them and give them to staff when done. Problem solved and they don't have to pick them up. Harv

4. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good answer Hunter, we were typing at the same same.

5. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

hunter44 and Shotshell have hit it right in the center.

If they never hit the ground everybody is a winner.

Ron Burdick

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I'll bag them but I hate wearing a shell bag.

Phil Berkowitz

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Our club used to put empty tardet boxes next to the microphones and everyone drops their unwanted hulls in the boxes...the boxes are the clubs domain and a small sign stuck to a caller would let him know the boxes are off limits

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

It has always been a rule that hulls on the ground are clubs property.

Phil Berkowitz

9. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I could never understand guys that throw shells on the ground Really inconsiiderate of the staff. At a big shoot they are a PITA to keep cleaned up. Clubs should require you to police your hulls, if you reload...fine. If not the club should provide a bin/drum for you to dump them in. Be considerate...dont leave your trash for someone else.

10. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Why not give your hulls to a new shooter or someone who has just started reloading.

Clyde

11. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

There's this one guy that I hate to shoot with who has this obnoxious habit of grabbing your hulls AS YOU ARE SHOOTING. This was even more annoying because I do reload and I value my STS's. I no longer use an autoloader, so it's not an issue any more....but, even when told, eventually he can't resist the compulsion.

Jb

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I always ask if someone wants them and they say leave them on the ground, the club has buckets by each station, this way they don't have to sort out the keepers. They have sticks with big magnets,to pick them up.

Phil Berkowitz

13. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

Once you throw them on the property, its not your business anymore.

1. Get a bag and bag them then give them to the shoot staff
    2. Throw them on the ground and let the staff deal with the culprit

IMHO get a bag and catch them if you are so concerned. If the shoot staff gets tired of the guy, they suspend him fora while to think about his wrongdoing or they ban him from the club.

Easy fix

14. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Many years ago we had a shooter that would pickup new empties even while people were shooting. He would send them to his son in Alaska who sold them for .10 ea. He was picking up empties around the 22 yd. line during a squad change, the next squad was 27 yd.s, the lead off shot one in the air. This guy never did that again. Not the safest move but

15. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I've joined a MOVEMENT. It's called PEP for, Pick Em uP. We retain our hulls whenever we can, leaving shooting fields clean while avoiding any those issues about ownership. I promise to do my best to no longer litter with spent hulls.

Larry Frieders |

Grandpa's Arms, Inc. |

340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

16. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Sure wish EVERYBODY would join Grandpa's Arms club. Ross Puls

17. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

I'm in! I'm sure there are some trap shooters that are too old and set in their ways to change, and we'll just have to wait for them to die, but in the long run we can change the way we throw our trash on the ground and leave it there. Maybe we can work on cigarette butts, soda cans, and candy wrappers, too. Mark

18. Baber

Baber TS Member

Phil....

You are throwing your hulls on the ground and not putting them in the buckets! Shame on you. Don't be a trashy tap shooter put your hulls in the bucket.

T

19. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I was told by the staff to throw the hulls on the ground, its easier for them to pick them up with their magnets, I was aiming to please. The staff reloads for youth groups.

Phil Berkowitz

20. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The shooters who throw their hulls on the ground are in the same class as the mothers who toss soiled baby diapers out the car window. No respect for the shooter behind them or the people working at the gun club. I will admit some shooters will actually toss them out of the way but they are a minority.

I get tired to kicking them out of the way so I can stand at the proper yardage line be it in 16's or handicap.