1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooter Information

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by never-miss2, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. never-miss2

never-miss2 TS Member

I recently purchased a Marlin Model 44 S, hammerless, pump action shotgun with the signature of the original owner inlaid in gold in the left side of the receiver, similar to the one displayed at the Trapshooting Hall of Fame once owned and used by Mark Arie. The signature on the one just purchased is either N. N. Rector or W. N. Rector, and am looking for information on Mr. Rector.
    Marlin presented several shotguns in the late 19-teens to early to mid-1920's with the signature of the owner inlaid in gold on the side to differnet people, some being Mark Arie, Guy Ward, H. E. Winans and this Mr. Rector, to use and promote Marlin shotguns in exhibitions or trapshooting.
    I have looked in the Trapshooting Hall of Fame for information regarding Mr. Rector, but found nothing. Perhaps any records he achieved have been eclipsed and no longer in the records. Is there another place to look for records that were achieved and eclipsed in an effort to chase down anything pertaining to Mr. Rector?
    Pictures of this shotgun can be seen at:
    http://www.marlinowners.com/forums/index.php/topic,86308.0html
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Been doing some research on this fellow for you on Trap Shooting info sites.

I noticed the gun is a 20 gauge which makes me think that maybe a skeet shooter information site (I don't know where to look) just may have some info about the man.

I'll keep looking though,

Dave in SC

3. never-miss2

never-miss2 TS Member

Dave in SC;

Thank you for the response. Both the H. E. Winans and Guy Ward guns were 20 gauge Model 44's, whereas the Mark Arie gun is a 12 gauge Model 43.
    The Ward gun was for sale a year or so ago, but it was pretty used and the condition just was not there. It would have been an interesting piece had it been in better condition. I personally do not like the hammerless Marlin shotguns, but this one intrigued me....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.