1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot trap in beautiful Flower Mound, TX!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OK_Shooter, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

I think $8.50 is a little steep for a round of trap or skeet!

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

OK Shooter,,,,if you are the ONLY public in Dallas and you have to drive over 50 miles to the next one,,,,you pay whatever price you have to if you want to shoot. Their "ATA" trap has a lot to be desired as well. They also use hand timer traps. AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

3. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

RogerD - Now I am confused...I Googled "Trap Shooting Flower Mound Texas" and it came up with Elm Fork shooting Club, which is where I got the $8.50 / round fee.

So this evidently is not your facility - I apologize for the confusion. Does your facility have a web site? I was searching the web for Contact information, hours of operation, fees, etc. $5.00 per round is very reasonable and I would definetely like to shoot there.

4. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

I did some more searching and found North Shore Club. Is this the correct facility?

5. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

Seems like it would have been a good idea to mention the name of the club in the first place- IMHO

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I purchased a trapgun from Mr. Terry Roof who is a Flower Mound resident. He was most helpful and supportive and friendly. Gun is great; if anybody from Flower Mound knows Mr. Roof and reads this, please say thanks and hi to him from California.

7. OK_Shooter

OK_Shooter TS Member

RogerD - I hope to get down there some weekend in the near future. I live in Oklahoma and my daughter lives in Richland Hills, so we come by there on a regular basis. Look forward to shooting with you.

Phil

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

RogerD, you said, "bigdogtx: If you mean that a scorekeeper punches the button to release the target, you are correct. The thrower most likely dates back to the mid 70's but it slings clays consistently when the button is pushed. Not too bad considering it's close to home if you live in the Lewisville/Flower Mound area. Isn't anything fancy but it works . . ."

What they have is a "timer" that the shooter pushes and there is a "delay", I think up to 10 seconds,,,,allows you time to mount gun and,,,,guess when it will be released....I understand that is usually not a problem for sporting clays or maybe 5 stand,,,,I would love to have someone pull for me, but they have not had enough help for the last year, I guess.

I will give you a shot next time I go shooting...

9. oddlott

oddlott Member

I wish I would have know about your club when I visited my sister in Lewisville. I did have the pleasure to shoot at the Dallas gun club, a beautiful place to shoot.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
public trap and skeet shooting near me 75068

skeet shooting flower mound tx