1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Shoot The Moon Vests- Any Good?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blackfoot, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Looking at Shoot The Moon vests.They say on their web page that they supplied USA team and made in Col. Springs. Was wondering if anyone would recommend. Thanks
  2. andybull

andybull Member

I've owned two, two of my wives have owned two each. They are nice.
  3. yvonne

yvonne Active Member

I ONLY buy Shoot the Moon Vests. I also had them make me a RED polar fleece winter jacket. The BEST I ever owned. I own 3 of their vests and I've bought them for my girlfriends that shoot (I'm a girl and my GF's are only that!) They make a stylish vest....never drags at the waist....I agree they run abit small. I'm "chesty" You need to call them if you have a size is a little unusual. I'm hoping they have the same customer service and accomodate you if you need something special. They're pricey, but worth the money! If you're a "girl" NEVER wear a mans vest! They never fit right....get a real girl's vest. If you're a man and reading this.......Treat your woman right and get her one for Christmas!
  4. Baber

Baber TS Member

They are fantastic nothing better. Their flease coat is 10 times better than the Berreta version.
    Tom
  5. tp

tp TS Member

absolutely first class vests and shooting coats, excellent quality and design. I own one of each and recommend them highly.
  6. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

well, there is something better.

shoot the moon is ok if you like off the rack.

if you want a truly perfect fit vest then you want custom fit and you can get that for the same money from Chuck Dietl. His vests are way better than shoot the moon.
  7. Baber

Baber TS Member

Shoot the Moon with custom make a vest as well. All my stuff has been made that way.

Tom
  8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Active Member

Featuring custom tailoring for individualized fit,

Custom Orders

Shoot the Moon is happy to take custom orders. Any color, any size. Call for pricing and information on your custom order.

All of our garments are made in Colorado Springs, CO where our manufacturing company is located. That's why we can guarantee our products. If you are in any way dissatisfied, feel free to call us.

http://shotgunveststm.com/
  9. ysr_racer

ysr_racer TS Member

Great vest, but as already posted their sizing runs small.

Go up one size.
  10. Hooked

Hooked Member

I have vests by Shoot the Moon, Chuck Dietl and Krieghoff. If you like a traditional style vest with a conservative cut/lines, then Chuck's vests are the way to go. Shoot the Moon's vests have more contemporary styling and are tighter fitting/shaped.

In terms of favorites, it's a toss up between the Krieghoff vest and my Shoot the Moon vest. The Krighoff vest is extremely well built and will last a lifetime(possibly two) but the Shoot the Moon vest has a great cut to it and fits like a glove. Luckliy, my Krieghoff vest is mesh backed so I wear that on really hot days and wear my Shoot the Moon vest the rest of the time.

Brian
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.