1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot the .22 Challenge at the NHSC ATA, June 13th

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fssberson, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

OK, all you “Choke for Smoke” aficionados who claim that practicing with a really tight pattern improves your aim, here is your chance. On Saturday, June 13th, between our regular singles and handicap events we are offering a special .22 event. The format is that we will set the trap on straight-aways and each competitor will shoot at five targets from posts two, three and four. The entry fee is $15 with $10 going into the prize pot which will be split 50% to the winner, 30% to second and 20% to third. Based upon comments to date we expect 30 entries. You can use any type of .22 rifle or pistol, scoped or iron, but only one shell can be loaded at a time. We are able to offer this event safely because we shoot into a big hillside. It is going to be great fun.

As for our regular program, because this is just a week before our State Shoot, we will be throwing orange targets. We will start with our "First Thing Doubles" at 8:30 a.m.. This event will be "targets only" at a bargain rate of $9.00 per 25 pair. If you want to shoot doubles, be at the club no later than 8 a.m. as we will start as soon as we have complete squads.

Next we will have our 100 singles event. We have purchased some really nice folding camp chairs, with custom embroidery by Helen, which will be a great prize to use at the state shoot. Chairs will be awarded in five classes.

Following the .22 Challenge, we will shoot 100 handicap targets with chairs awarded in yardage groups 18-21; 22-24; 25-26 & 27 and Champion.

As usual, we will have a delicious, all-you-can-eat, barbecue lunch in the picnic area included for all participants. New shooters and junior teams are encouraged to attend. To pre-squad call Gary at 805 732 4880 or e-mail gbomber@iq-west.com

2. jjv1234

jjv1234 Member

Just out of curiosity, how do people usually score with .22s? What wins the shoot? Sounds like fun.

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Don't know, this is our first one but Terry Bilbey, one of the best shooters he ever met, guarantees to hit at least 5 out of the 15! lol

4. Guard Rail

Guard Rail TS Member

Where is NHSC located.

BK

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

This sounds cool as hell.

Here's an ATA club using their head and keeping things fun.

6. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

John: I'm in if you can let me borrow one of your 22s....
    Walt

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

We will have laoner guns available. No release triggers though. :)

8. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Yeah but, what is the POI?

9. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

In your case, the POI will be the hillside.

10. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Jeeeez, that's 3000 miles from me. I was all set to go and clean up! Is there a big enough Calcutta to pay for my air fare?

11. Rvator97

Rvator97 TS Member

Very funny....

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Options on the "5s"? Long run front and back, total, calcutta, purse?? :) Wish it was closer to the Ca. state shoot date, I'd be there in a heartbeat!!

Hap

13. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Hap, send Terry $20.00 and he'll shoot 15 for you.

14. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

By the way our new web site is up and working:

www.northhollywoodsc.com

Gary

15. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Sounds like fun - I'd like to see that! Sorry I missed you Gary, it was nice to see some of the members again, even if I had to come down there for a funeral (that's about all that will drag me back to California - oh, and lunch at the Zen Restaurant with Bob!).

Jennifer, CA-expatriate, Idaho State Coordinator, Second Amendment Sisters!

16. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Would love to try the .22 challenge.

Your new webpage is first rate. Made my favorites list.

Charlie

17. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Send Terry 20 bucks?? Nah!! If it was blasting clays, no problem with that deal! BUT, with a good .22? That would be akin to hirin someone to go on your honeymoon for ya? :) Maybe I can make the next one out!! This is gonna be a hoot for everyone! I have shot many running silhouettes with my rifles with lots of various angles/speeds etc. and that too is a fun time hoot!!

Hap

18. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Well, Terry would be a safe one to hire for the honeymoon trip as well. LOL. Hope you can come out Hap. We have a lot of fun.

19. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Jennifer sorry I missed you. Glad Bob was able to take you to his favorite eating place. He does like to eat.

See you next time.

Gary

20. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.