1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot real men's targets on Bunker Trap 27 yard

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I hope Cardinal shoots the Fund Raiser from 27 Yard Bunker One Shot per target
    25 targets for $25.00 seperate the men from the boys.

Hope they make it so you can shoot it all week during the OHIO STATE SHOOT
    to raise money. BE A BIG DOG AND SHOOT BIG DOG TARGETS.

2. Dr.Longshot

The Cardinal Center could draw a line or put down 5 concrete slabs and move the voice calls back or use hand pulled targets. All done for charity.

This would be a large contribution to the charity of their choice, imagine a week of shooting the bunker so everyone could get a chance, and to fit their schedule so they have the oppurtunity.

The big shoot out would be a crowd pleaser too. Just to see who the best shooter is at handicap bunker.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. Dr.Longshot

In your wildest dreams you hope I won't shoot it. Come out and give it a try to beat me and others that want to give it a try or stay on the PORCH and watch.

REAL MEN SHOOT REAL TARGETS, THEY DON'T BREAK THEM ALL BUT THEY GIVE IT THEIR BEST SHOT.

REAL MEN USE THEIR REAL NAMES AND LOSERS HIDE BEHIND SCREEN NAMES.

BUT THEN THEY LACK INTEGRITY TOO.

Gary Bryant
    DR.longshot

4. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Ha Ha, Big Dog Gary. It must be a full moon.

5. Browningshooterxt

Browningshooterxt Member

That funny he wants harder targets every Friday night at the only buddy shoot he can go to in southern Ohio he gets beat in one shoot off and packs up and heads home I really don't see where he is that great

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

27 yard Bunker targets are a witch! They don't make enough choke to reliably break them on a second barrel. The high hard right on station five gives a whole new meaning to "HOLY $H!T!" LOL

7. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

I haven't a clue what bunker trap is. Call me sheltered or any name just curious if there is a video somewhere I could watch or if there is a place in Wa State to shoot it.

Thanks,

Brady Gies

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

Brady

Try this. http://www.bunkershooting.com/tyro.html

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

One shot with a legal trap load would be an interesting game for sure!! I'd play!

Hap

10. Dr.Longshot

BrowningstrXT, you only tell 1/2 of the story, I was with my son he was driving I did not want to walk.

You did not stick around for the pole shoot ,the following week, if you did I beat you, I was high gun.+ I am shooting a new gun now a CG. 44+ years shooting there, and you don't even come close to that, or you would state your name,

Flagarto Dave Berlet told you and Little Don about the challenge, you have not called for any instructions yet.

And the Florida Trapshooting Assn has not contacted me about any thing you talked to them about, or did you really talk to them,about a grudge match
    on any extreme targets yet.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

Sweet lord almighty just looking at the bunker made my pocket book clinch. Hillsboro is the closest for me at 250 miles away. Damn it looks awesome.

Brady

12. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Two things wrong with Bunker. It is expensive, and there are not enough of them.

I have prioritized my discretionary funds to allow shooting what and when I want.

Eating out often, boats, flashy cars, motorcycles, and women no longer have access to my bank account. Now my Blaser and Bullseye guns dig into my pocketbook. Sometimes my Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle, and magnum pistols.

I am lucky to live less than 15 miles from the only public Bunker in Tennessee.

I have had a season off due to health issues, but hope to get back in the saddle this spring.

Hopefully, there will be more Bunkers built nearby before I get too old to drive. LOL

13. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Brady509

Don't know where you live in Washington but there is a bunker at Renton Fish and Game just east of 405, and the nicest thing about it that DR. Longlips is not there.

Jim R

14. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Hey Longshot, put your shotgun down and get yourself a .22 pistol and give Hunter Silhouettes a try, they shoot 40, 50, 75 and 100 yards with open sights or scope, your choice, or maybe something chambered for .223 and shoot 600 yards with iron sights or maybe stretch it out to 1,000 yards just for fun. I am an "A" class trap shooter working my way back to the 27 yard line, presently at 21 yards, I am also carded as a "Master" by the NRA in highpower, diversify an have more fun. Woody Sullivan Oviedo FL.

15. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

"REAL MAN", has ATA 27 yard targets become too easy for you? Why do you want to blow more holes in the sky?

16. pitt4570

pitt4570 Member

you can shoot bunker at Renton fish and game club the season starts in april i have the schedule only bunker in the state you dont need to be at 27 YDS here with the lighting we get Ted Pitt

17. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

pitt4570

Did they close the bunker over at Drykes place in Sequim?

18. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

Gary,

As a average bunker shooter (19-21s) I can say that bunker at the regular posts is a challenge in itself. 27yd bunker IMO would be ridiculous. You would surprise me if you could hit 6 out of 25 with a 24gr load and, I am afraid that probably half of those would be just luck. The targets would just get away to fast. Definitely couldn't get off a decent second shot. Gary, I am not jumping on the "smash Dr. Longshot" bandwagon, but speaking for myself, I wouldn't waste the shells to try it more than once. I am from SW Ohio, if you are going to "put on" a 27yd bunker display @ Cardinal Center please post the date I would enjoy watching.

Kindest Regards, Joe

19. Dr.Longshot

Gailmk67, I shot the Cardinal Bunker last year They posted my name and score I was not High though shot a 23 first time I ever shot it.

I was an EXPERT MARKSMAN in the Army, and shot on the Army rifle team at Ft.Hood Texas. Expert on 30cal machine gun, 45 cal, and only one of two to put the rifle grenade in the bunker in my outfit.

I won a rifle shoot using a Browning Buckmark 22 cal pistol, also won a center fire rifle shoot with a 22 Cal Ruger Auto rifle.

I was on the army rifle and pistol team in 1959-60.

I was pretty good pistol shooter, but not as good as I used to be 53 years ago.

Have you ever shot the Indian Sihoulette w/a 22 rifle at 10 yards like the Winchester and Remington rep off hand open sites? I have, many years ago.

When I was on leave and father took me to Olentangy Rifle range in the basement of the bowling Alley and a Columbus Police Officer was shooting the larger round spinner and getting a lot of applause, I stepped up and shot the little matchlike sticks and never missed, and he did not like it one bit, that was in 1960, Bowling Alley is gone now. Brings back a lot of memories.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

That's the appeal for me with Bunker it is tough to keep a decent average(just like in ATA, Skeet or SC)....I have shot a few 23s but very few.... I have also shot my share of 12s and 15s but it keeps me entertained.

To answer your question; I have shot both the Indian and Uncle Sam outlines with my dads 241 remington years ago. We didn't have much to do during the summer living in the country just fishing and shooting. I can tell you neither picture is hanging in an art gallery (got outside the lines a few times) but my mom liked them so I guess that was enough for me. Good luck @ the 27 yard line I think I will just watch! Let me know when you schedule your 27 yd Bunker exhibition.

Regards, Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.