1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot programs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Honestly, some people might say I'm a wimp for bring this up. But when I travel to a shoot that is not my local club, or a club I've been @ before it would helpful if the following info would be provided.

1) brand of targets

2) target style

I drove 75 miles to a shoot saw the brand & style of targets--didn't take the gun out of the case .

Went to another club. Honestly when clubs are taking part in a major shoot & trying to attract people from all over the country--it would be a help if this info was available.

Phil Berkowitz

2. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Yes you are

Our club buys the targets that has the most benefit for the club

jpark

3. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Yep, but just tell us what kind are you going to be throwing. Are they white flyer brand new york style targets, or are you throwing chartruse dome targets, solid black, bio-degradable? cant see what the big secret would be unless you are throwing something that people dont like to shoot at and you dont want them to know until after they've paid.

Bob

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

If it flys, it dies. As long as everyone is shooting the same target, it doesn't really matter. The late Dennis Kingen used to say "A real trapshooter could hit those targets"

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

If I drive 75 miles to a shoot, I don't care if they throw black, green, red or blue targets, I'm shooting!

Hauxfan!

6. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I can't believe some guy'd drive 75 miles to a shoot and then not shoot 'cause he didn't like the brand of targets they were throwing?? Good grief Charlie Brown!

7. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

If it's a non-ATA shoot then everyone is on the same playing field and I'd stay and have a good time. Your scores and your competition stay within that clubhouse.

If you're shooting registered targets and drive 75 miles to see a target of questionable quality I can understand why you wouldn't participate. The playing field is different, and you want the same advantages (good targets) as those shooting registered all across the country. Frankly, if the club you traveled to is throwing sub-par targets at an ATA event they won't need to publicize what kind of targets they're throwing because people will stop going pretty quickly. Word of mouth is the best/worst marketing agent trapshooters have.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

This morning it was cold,damp & cloudy. When I arrived @ the unnamed club I saw the brand targets they were throwing. I saw that the targets were solid orange. I said I can't see these targets in these conditions . So I left---I shoot over 20k targets a year so 200 less won't mean a thing. Honestly, we all have preferences--so we are the customers--

Phil Berkowitz

9. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I dislike those solid orange targets in any weather. I agree, we all have preferences and we are the customers so we get to choose if and when we shoot--our club denotes the type of target we throw in all our publicity to let new shooters know what they'll be seeing. I haven't really seen too many others publicize that info, interesting idea.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Ok --how would you like it-- you drove all the way to Sparta- and for some reason --they decided to throw brand X -solid orange targets unannounced. Or you drove to the Dixie Grand & you have to shoot brand X -solid targets.

Phil Berkowitz

11. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

My goodness. I have a hard time seeing the targets with the orange dome and the black rim. Does that keep me from shooting NO WAY!!. I see the solid orange or green targets the best. Have not been to a shoot that threw black targets yet. I have heard of some guys that were so picky and wanted to have a high average that if there was any kind on inclement weather, wind, snow rain, bad hair cut they would not shoot because they wanted to maintain a high average.I was recently at a shoot where the weather started out nice, unforunately for me I arrived very late and was on the last squad.By the time my squad was up not only was it raining but the wind had kicked up. I shot anyway. If it had not been for one trap where the wind was particularly bad I may have won the event. My fault I should of either gotten out of bed ealier before the two and a half hour drive, or not stopped for breakfast. I still had a good time and that is what matters the most. While for some it matters what targets are thrown to me it does not. Stop whining and shoot!
    JB

12. happytrapper

happytrapper TS Member

If I drove to Sparta or the Dixie Grand and didn't shoot because I didn't like the brand of targets I would quite shooting all together. Don't be such a nit-picker. You will enjoy the game much more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.