1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot program seemed to work!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by michmoe, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I once a while back wrote a thread on here asking for feedback on the shoot program I was proposing for our gun club.I had asked how shooters would feel about a program where the purse in the handicap was compulsory.Well as it turned out I didn't make the purse compulsory,but I did put $250.00 added money to the purse charged $20.00 for the purse and had it pay high gun 40-30-20-10 and you had to play the purse to be eligible for the added money.Well to make a short story long Mother Nature was against us that day as we had high winds and rain showers.But,we had a total payout of $911,which isnt bad for a small two trap club.The first place handicap shooter was paid an excess of $200 and only broke a score of 91!I'm sharing this thread so others that make up shoot programs give it a try.Trophys are ok,but money keeps you shooting! and its so much easier then having to buy trophys that everyone will enjoy and then have plates made for them.Along with the purse we had offered a five dollar Ford purse,a two dollar long run from scratch and reverse purse,and a ten dollar lewis purse.Hopefully Mother Nature will smile on us this next year so we can get a larger crowd and have a even bigger payoff.

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not a bad way to spice up a small shoot. Added money is usually a nice addition to any program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.