1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot Offs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by guthooked, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guthooked

guthooked Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Well it finally happened I ended up in my first two shootoffs ever,at the Cardinal Center this weekend ,on Sunday.

Being a new shooter I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It was about 95 degrees and muggy. At one point I thought I was going to melt while waiting to get squaded up for the shootoffs. Everyone said just go do your best keep doing what you did all day ,easier said then done. I tried to drink a little water to keep the butterflies from flying out of my mouth. On the outside I looked calm but on the inside I was nervous.

In the end when the hulls settled ,I ended up going 49 out of 50 for the Kolar and ended up shooting for 3 or 4th in caps and lost both. I have no regrets here and no one to blame but myself , but only hope to redeem myself in the next shootoff.

One great thing about shootoffs that I learned is that the targets are free and they keep coming until you miss.

So what do you seasoned shooting veterans here on trapshooter do to keep calm , and focused at the moment of truth?

Congratulations to the Kentucky boys Virgil and Jerry who whipped this rookie.

2. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2008
    For some reason I have never been nervous in the shoot offs I've been in, I tend to blank stuff out and shoot the free targets.

I only get nervous on the first 25 of the first event of the day, go figure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.