1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot-off, all lefties!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

At the conclusion of todays 200 singles at the Tucson Winter Chain event, both champion and runner-up were left side shooters. All six involved in the shoot-offs for various trophy's were all left side shooters!! That six includes two lady shooters!

I've never in my life seen that many left side shooters toeing the line in deciding the top spots, all at once!! Have you ever seen this many left handers at one time shooting off for all the marbles?

Art Peyton(a Canadian shooter) won the singles championship with a 200 and 75X75 from the 16 and 50 straight from the 27!! Great job guys and gals! Hap

2. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Hap, I entered a shoot a few years ago...the cashier knew me,chuckled and said "You'll be in squad 6 then"...seemed a bit weird at the time. Got out on the mark...all lefties...never knew there were that many southpaws in the country. Cheers-Graham.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I believe you will see a rise in LH shooters. There is more knoledge and understanding now with eye dominace. When I first started shooting, I naturally would mount the guns lefthanded. My dad would always correct me. Never once did eye dominace come into the equation. Now when I would bird hunt I would always shoot LH. Then target shoot righty. If what they say is true Half of the right handed shooters are L eye dominate. As far as LH model firearms are concerned. I have had 3. 1100LH 870LH and a .22boltactionLH. All 3 where problems. Also local gun smith always would say. OH a lefty. Any way. Im convinced LH guns are designed and built by RH people, doomed from the start. I am so used to shooting RH guns LH. it really doesnt matter anymore. Like said now there are so many left hand models in many firearm models coming out, you will see more. The New LH Stag arms ar 15 got my intrest peaked. Im sure parts availabilty and price might make me stay with the RH models.

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I shoot left handed and have always said that ANYONE can shoot rightie. John

5. psfive

psfive Member

I do and always have shot left sided. Comes in handy when a new lefty handed kid (6th or 7th grade) shows up on our high school trap team. Oh and by the way I have one of those left handed shell cutters. I think it cuts em counter clockwise, Paul

6. shutnlar

shutnlar TS Member

If the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body, only us left handed people are in our right minds. ROCK ON SOUTHPAWS!!

Larry

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I am in all reality a lefty, but I shoot shotgun and rifle right handed, am right eye dominant, bowl right handed, bat right handed or left, catch either way, shoot pistol with either hand, eat lefty, drink lefty, I think I must be both sides of my mind dominant ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

This is one of those issues that one never thinks about until a coincidence like these shootoffs happens. I've been right eye blind since birth (a few years ago) therefore must shoot off the left side. I've been observing and taking actual count at major shooting competitions for the past 38 years. The research has shown that twenty percent of AMERICAN trapshooters are left handed/eyed. Seems that in the generations after mine (Boomers), parents have been OK with encouraging their lefty children to be lefty.

Interesting that in the same research fewer than five percent of the International shooters observed in other countries were left-sided. Seems there is still a lot of stigma, especially in Europe, about being lefty. The Italian word for left - Sinistra - is the romance language root for derogatory terms like sinister.

Glad to see that we're ahead of the curve on this issue.

Mike Mann

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

It just goes to show us all that them left wingers are seriously beginning to creep into our are now beating out some of the right wingers ... dang them left wingers!

10. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

WPT

"Both sides of you mind dominant" Is that the same as "Nothing is right". Ha Ha.

N. J. Bob...YNJC

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

That would all depend on which side of the equator you are shooting on.

12. Janet

Janet TS Member

There are certainly a lot of lefties around it seems. Being one of them I like to tell people I shoot from the "port" side. L.O.L.

Janet

13. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I to be a lefty. Started shooting registered in 1971. Had been shootin practice prior to that to see if I would like the sport. Been hung on it ever since. I was able to purchase an over sized head safety switch for a Remington 870 back then (1970's). Also was able to get one for an 1100 and a Remington 742 Semi Auto. They take the place of the righty safety switch but have an oversize head on them. Made for a quick safety release when hunting Quail, Ducks & Phesants. Are these svailable now, if so from whom? I again have an 870 and have an 1100 on the way. I loved how this worked with no looping finger around the trigger guard to take the safety off or on. Thanks!!! Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

14. prince_of_darkness

prince_of_darkness TS Member

lucifer was left handed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.