1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*** Shoot/league managers needed ***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunshoot, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

I added the competition/league fields to the Shotgun Score app.

This portion of the app is in beta testing, meaning that is not final and that I am looking for feedback as far as all the competition/league settings for each sport. I did my research, but I am sure I missed something. If you have knowledge in any of the sports listed, please post your corrections here. Be it if something is missing, or something shouldn't be on the screen, please let me know.

I believe in "user driven software", meaning that users like you dictate for the most part how the software is shaped. That's why I come to you.

Sign in or sign up (FREE), add new or edit existing score and check the "Was this a competition/league shoot?" box to see these new fields.

<a href="http://shotgunnet.com" target="_blank">Shotgun Score</a>

Thanks,

Andrei Erdoss

2. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

The "winnings" field might create a piece of discoverable of evidence in tax cases.

Under "Registered," add ShotgunShoot.

The "Competition [Name]" field is great, but the "Type" field is self-defeating excess. All leagues are competitions. Don't demean who is likely to be your primary customer.

Also, a shooter who registers scores only on SS would need to have his class generated from the site, a difficult task, as your site also doesn't seem to generate a mean, give me 100- 300-target moving averages, nor tell me where I stand vis-a-vis other SS shooters.

3. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

"The "winnings" field might create a piece of discoverable of evidence in tax cases."

Winnings are public information, and also the 'winnings' fields are optional so this should not be an issue.

"The "Competition [Name]" field is great, but the "Type" field is self-defeating excess. All leagues are competitions. Don't demean who is likely to be your primary customer."

I think this was a poor choice of labels. I would like to distinguish between a 1 time event (competition) and a reoccurring event (league). Any suggestions?

4. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

I added the competition/league fields to the Shotgun Score app.

This portion of the app is in beta testing, meaning that is not final and that I am looking for feedback as far as all the competition/league settings for each sport. I did my research, but I am sure I missed something. If you have knowledge in any of the sports listed, please post your corrections here. Be it if something is missing, or something shouldn't be on the screen, please let me know.

I believe in "user driven software", meaning that users like you dictate for the most part how the software is shaped. That's why I come to you.

Sign in or sign up (FREE), add new or edit existing score and check the "Was this a competition/league shoot?" box to see these new fields.

<a href="http://shotgunnet.com" target="_blank">Shotgun Score</a>

Thanks,

Andrei Erdoss

5. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

The "winnings" field might create a piece of discoverable of evidence in tax cases.

Under "Registered," add ShotgunShoot.

The "Competition [Name]" field is great, but the "Type" field is self-defeating excess. All leagues are competitions. Don't demean who is likely to be your primary customer.

Also, a shooter who registers scores only on SS would need to have his class generated from the site, a difficult task, as your site also doesn't seem to generate a mean, give me 100- 300-target moving averages, nor tell me where I stand vis-a-vis other SS shooters.

6. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

"The "winnings" field might create a piece of discoverable of evidence in tax cases."

Winnings are public information, and also the 'winnings' fields are optional so this should not be an issue.

"The "Competition [Name]" field is great, but the "Type" field is self-defeating excess. All leagues are competitions. Don't demean who is likely to be your primary customer."

I think this was a poor choice of labels. I would like to distinguish between a 1 time event (competition) and a reoccurring event (league). Any suggestions?

7. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Why worry about the distinction?

8. shotgunshoot

shotgunshoot Member

The idea is that it gives the shooter the possibility of analyzing their performance based on shoot type. In a league you might have better scores because of the familiarity of opponents, versus a shoot (1 time event).

9. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

And close shoots might see better scores than distant shoots. And shoots above 3000 ft might be better than scores at sea level. Shoots in Illinois or Michigan might be easier than shoots in Ohio. And on it goes.

I'd scrap it. You don't want clutter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.