1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Shoot in San Antonio

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JPBROWN, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPBROWN

JPBROWN TS Member

I noticeced 09-11to 09-14 a shoot was listed for the National shooting Complex. Is that th grand they have there annually? Wher can I get information as I will b in the area then. Thanks are there any close motels?

2. textrap

textrap TS Member

That is the Zone 5 shoot in conjunction with the Fall Handicap. If you go to www.texastrap.com and look at the pdf for the state shoot (it was last week), I think the program has hotels listed. I just stayed at the Comfort Inn at Fiesta Park, they are all getting expensive. It is a good place to shoot, I plan on being there. Be careful with your guns. Alot of cars get broken into at the hotels and guns get stolen. You can check them at the club for $5.00/day/gun (I think that is what it costs). Hope this helps.
    Billy

3. TX-MX

TX-MX TS Member

It is probably their "lone star handicap" which is sometimes combined with their zone shoot. there is a nice fairfield inn across from sea world, which is close enough to be convenient, but far enough away so that gun stealing is less of an issue. the down side is that during the state shoot it was charging the highest rates i had ever heard of a fairfield charging - hopefully the fall season will be better for rates.

the downside to staying on I-10 is that loop 1604 has about 3 traffic lights which can be an absolute nightmare in the mornings. suggest you avoid that at all costs.

on the other hand some of the cheaper motels closer to the NSC have been known to be the site of some gun thefts, especailly out of vehicles. use the lockers at the NSC if you have to.

great facility - once they get used to properly setting the Pat traps, should be great for trap shooting right in the middle of skeet country.

4. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

The TTA Zone V shoot is indeed combined with the Lonestar Handicap, and that is the shoot that is going on. You might want to consider the Motel 6 at 1604 and Bandera Rd. It's pretty new (only about a year or two old) and reasonably priced. Before I bought my travel trailer, that's where I stayed. They accept dogs, so I usually stick with Motel 6 locations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.