1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

shoot gun choice?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by grnberetcj, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Hey Doug...

Check out the new Remington 11-87 XCS....shoots 3-1/2" down to 2-3/4" shells.

Check out Remington's website for more info on the gun.

Price for a new one should be around $900.00.

Even tough the hunting season is over, I still ordered one.

Curt - Delaware

2. d endicott

d endicott Member

I have a Beretta 1200 with a synthetic stock (predecessor) to the benelli. Weighs 6 3/4# let me know if you are interested.

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya cant go wrong with a Remington. I can tell you from personal experience (I own an 11/87) that I have used for about 8 or 9 years now and it has never failed to fire. It has been in the snow, sand, mud, rain, dirt, leaves and almost anything else you can imagine along with 1000's of rounds on the skeet and trap field. Now this will make me look like a gun abuser and ... well ... yeah with this gun I kind of am but I have never disassembled it and cleaned it. I have sprayed it down and Rem-Oil and such and wiped it off and such but I have never actually cleaned it and last time I had it out it still functioned with the original o-ring still in use.

A few years ago a gentleman jokingly made reference that he was nervous about shooting with me since the gun had so much gunk in it and that greasy gunk just might catch on fire ...

I strongly recommend the Remington 1187 line of shotguns ... for the price I honestly do not think you will find a better shotgun for what your going to be using it for.

Ya know I might just clean that gun this weekend ... I think it deserves it by now.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yeah ... same as my 1100 which has been cleaned once or twice since I bought it a couple years ago.

For my luck I'll clean it and it will stop functioning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.